3.)

***Hope's Pov:***

Friday came after a long last class period, and the bell finally rang. I had been drawing because I had 10 minutes to spare with class. I grabbed my bag and my sketchbook and made my way to the bleachers. Josie and Lizzie had texted me to meet with them under the bleachers like we always do. As I walked, I put my earbuds on and the beanie Lizzie had gotten me for my birthday. I was outside now and when I turned around the corner, I was met with Dana and Alyssa. Alyssa smirked my way and walked towards me. I backed up a little bit, not in the mood to argue. I turned around and headed towards the bleachers from another way.

Correction*. Tried.*

My sketchbook was snatched out of my hands and that was my last straw.

I let out a frustrated sigh, "What? What do you want now?"

***...***

Lizzie's Pov:

When Hope hadn't come to the bleachers. I waited a bit longer to see if she would arrive but after 15 minutes, she still wasn't there. I made my way around the perimeters of the school when I finally found Hope.

To my disappointment, I saw Dana and Alyssa, known troublemakers, tormenting Hope. Dana had her sketchbook, and Alyssa was wearing the beanie I gave Hope for her birthday. Anger boiled inside me, and I couldn't resist watching how this would play out.

When Dana pushed Hope against the wall and said something about Hope being a killer cause of her uncle and dad, she crossed the line, I couldn't just stand there. I confidently stepped in and addressed the troublemakers.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Satan and the devil," I sneered, my head tilting to the side in a display of defiance.

Alyssa aware of the consequences of our past encounters, wisely chose to back off, handing me Hope's beanie before dragging Dana away by the arm. As they retreated, I felt a sense of satisfaction, knowing that they had learned their lesson.

Turning my attention back to Hope, I reached out to comfort her, but she resisted my touch, her eyes filled with fury. I noticed that she was about to go after them but I quickly held her back.

"Let me go," she growled, her voice laced with determination. "Let me at her."

Recognizing the intensity of her emotions, I tightened my grip, refusing to let her act on her anger. Maya, frustrated by the turn of events, dropped the sketchbook with a huff and left the scene with Jade.

Hope broke free from my hold, determined to chase after them. Swiftly, I grabbed her arm and held it into me, preventing her from going anywhere. I found her stuff before grabbing her backpack.

I retrieved the sketchbook from the ground and carefully placed it inside her backpack. Hoisting the backpack onto my shoulders, I secured it in place before gently placing her beanie back on her head and throwing her over my shoulders.

"Lizzie, why did you interfere? You should have let me face her myself!" Hope demanded, her fists pounding against my back in frustration. The tension in her body was palpable, and I could feel the heat of her anger through the fabric of my shirt.

She yelled once more, her voice echoing off the metal bleachers, "Put me down, now!"

When we finally arrived under the shelter of the bleachers, where Josie was waiting, Hope resorted to biting my shoulder.

"OW! You..." I gasped out, surprised by her sudden action. I set her down on the ground, my hand instinctively reaching up to rub the spot where she'd bitten me.

"Hope, calm down. It's okay," Josie implored, her voice soothing and calm. She stepped forward, her hands held out in a peaceful gesture.

Hope's demeanor shifted abruptly. The anger that had been so evident in her eyes and body language seemed to vanish, replaced instead with a raw vulnerability. She broke down, her shoulders shaking with sobs.