The Unextinguishable Flame

Let me just say
I REALLH LIKE THIS CHAPTER !!!
I'm finally getting back into the writing groove again and it's so nice lol!!

Please vote, comment, share and give a follow for more!

It has been days since I last saw the man I met on the street, but it's not gone unnoticed the amount of hours my mind would wonder to thoughts of him.
He was truly a curious character. And although I feel he has quite the charm, I felt danger radiate off of him.

Mother superior and Mother Agatha who will soon take her place have been doing routine check ups on me. Whether it's before prayer time in the morning, or after supper once I've washed my face and start to prepare for sleep. They both offer me comfort, knowing my mind is ill with such thoughts I may not speak of, so they provide solitude in prayer.

It often helps for a short amount of time, but once the clock strikes another hour, the thoughts flood back. And I sometimes even find myself thinking of the stranger on the street.

It's now been four days, soon to be five, and supper has finished and it's now time for all of us to retrieve to our rooms where we pray and read if we choose. I said my normal list of prayers and then jot down some positives to my day in my journal.

October 11th, 2024
Todays positives:
~I woke up to see the day.
~the weather was lovely, I was able to sit outside and enjoy it in the garden between todays activities.

Not sure of any other positives I felt were worthy to write, I close my journal and light my candle to set a calmer atmosphere. I find my yarn and crochet hook and begin again on my project. At this point it's too large to be a scarf so I will have to continue until it's a reasonable size for a blanket.

After maybe twenty minutes of working on my now called blanket, Mother Superior came to talk to me and once she left, I decided I would try to clean up and prepare for bed.
I put away my project, and undress, putting on my nightgown. I go over to my dresser and pull out some face cleansing wipes, not having the energy to take a shower tonight. I will have to take on in the morning. It may even help set the day right.
Once I finish cleaning my face and throw away the small towelette, I go to blow out the candle. But to my surprise. The flame stays intact.

The flame barley even moved when my breath went through it.

"Hm. That's odd."  I whisper as I lean down to be level with the candle and try once more to blow the flame out.

But to no avail, the flame doesn't budge.
I straighten my back and stare at the candle, unsure of what is happening.

I feel panic rise in my chest as I start to pace in my room.
I try with all my might to blow out the candle but it stays lit.

I pray to God above that this isn't just my mind playing tricks on me. But part of me feels it would be easier to accept another fault in my brain rather than accept this candle with some sort of curse upon it.

"No. Don't think like that. As a catholic it is wrong to be superstitious. I must have faith." I whisper.
I pray a glory be and try to blow out the candle. Note the word 'try.'

Releasing a hard sigh, I look out the window needing a break, and in my surprise I see a dark figure staring up at me from the unlit street.
My heart races and I step aside out of the persons view, but my curiosity takes over as I'm once again in front of my window to see the man.
But he's gone.

And so is the flame.

I start looking around my room in a rush for answers, quickly closing my curtains.
Sitting upon my bed I fiddle my thumbs as my mind races with scenarios as to why this happened and what it could mean. The same type of thoughts that Mother superior and Mother Agatha are trying to help rid of.

I take a number of deep breaths to try and calm myself, at least enough so to fall asleep for tomorrows early morning.
And at some point I actually managed to fall asleep into a dreamless state.

AZREAL's POV hehe

"Please spare me sir! I beg of you!"

I laugh deeply at the pathetic man's plea before I do what some may consider to be an ungodly act.
I kill him.

But it's no surprise that I am an ungodly being. I never pretended to be. And with it being four days since Ive seen my little Angel, I feel myself getting restless to finish this guy off so I can go see her and watch her through her window.

Once I finish the guy off and dispose of him, earning another name on my list of humans I've killed, I clean myself up and wipe away the blood, trying to look my best for my sweet Angel.

It doesn't take me long to get to the convent grounds where she stays. I scope out the property but my body feels the electricity radiating off of her through the building, locating her exact whereabouts to me.
In seconds I find a solid spot to stand and watch her through the window on the second floor as she wipes her face clean.

Her face and body language scream innocence but I know her mind is much less than that.

She goes to blow out her candle but I think it would be quite fun to play a little prank of my sweet girl, my Angel, and see how she reacts.
I focus a small amount of energy towards the flame of the candle and restrict it any allowance of fading. I barley even let the flame flicker as she attempts numerous times to blow it out.
I can sense her frustration, her curiosity, and even fear as she can't get the candles flame to go out with even the hardest of breaths. I can even sense her prayers.

She starts pacing the floors of her room and I can bear each worried step as her small feet connect with the withered floor boards.
And then she and I make eye contact.

I know she can't tell who I am with the unlit street hiding my identity, and it makes me smirk with a mischievous chuckle leaving my core.
I watch as she dips to the side of the window and I make my presence scarce, along with the entire flame. But I keep just enough distance to see her, but to where I am not longer there in her view.

I watch her peer back through the glass, looking to see me, but her face falls as her bottom lip parts from her top.
She quickly looks back and once she realizes the flame has gone out, she slams the fabric of her curtains together and I take my leave.