Chapter 5: The Body Found

After high school, the students head home during the early dismissal around noon. Daniel and Cory gave each other a high five before they went their separate ways to head home. Daniel rides on his motorcycle, he sees someone running into the abandoned apartment complex near the town. As he sees him running inside the apartment, Daniel hears a gunshot around the abandoned apartment. Daniel gets off the motorcycle and stands there, he sees the White Masquerade Masked Killer leaving the abandoned apartment from the back side, waiting for the killer to leave the building. As the killer is gone, Daniel enters the abandoned apartment to see what's going on. He finds an African-American man who got shot by the White Masquerade Masked Killer.

"Oh my god, are you OK, sir?" said Daniel, shocked to see the man who got shot by the same killer. "No... C-c-Call the police, I've been shot," said the man. "OK, I'll call them. Hang in there, tell me your name," said Daniel. Daniel immediately pulls out his phone from his pocket to call the police. "I'm... Pablo," said the man, now revealing his name Pablo.

"911 operator, what's your emergency?" said the operator.

"There's a man named Pablo who got shot by someone in the abandoned apartment, I saw him running and then someone shot him in the stomach and he's dying around Kitty Hawk town in Outer Banks," said Daniel, calling the police.

"Don't worry, the police are on their way." said the operator.

After Daniel called the police, they arrived at the abandoned apartment with Daniel's mother and her boyfriend Adam. The police take the shot man to the hospital while trying to revive him.

"Well, I saw him running into the building and there was a gunshot. I saw a killer leaving the backside of the apartment, he didn't see me," said Daniel. "Danny, are you OK?" Said Alana. "Yes, but I didn't get shot. The man told me his name was Pablo, and he told me to call the police," said Daniel. "Daniel, what were you thinking? If you see a killer, you could've gotten hurt or even worse, killed. That's what me and Adam are worried about now," said Alana. "Yeah," said Adam. "I'm sorry, I had to help him," said Daniel. "I know, honey. But you gotta be careful of seeing a killer like that. If he or she catches you, you'll get killed," said Alana. "I'm sorry, Mom, and I'm sorry, Adam," said Daniel. "We know, baby, we know," said Alana. "Yeah, you gotta be careful, little man," said Adam.

After they get home, Daniel is writing in his journal about what happened. His cell phone rings, he picks it up from the end table and answers it.

"Hello?" said Daniel, on his cellphone after answering the call.

"Hey man, I heard that the man got shot. What happened?" said Cory, on the phone.

"It's crazy, dude. I was on my way home and saw the man named Pablo going into the abandoned apartment," said Daniel.

"His name's Pablo?" asked Cory.

"Yes, he told me his name. I stood there on my motorcycle, waiting for the killer to leave. I even went into the abandoned apartment to see what was going on and then I saw him after he got shot. The killer didn't see me, though," said Daniel.

"For real?" asked Cory.

"Yeah, he told me to call 911. I had to help him," said Daniel.

"Dude," said Cory.

"I know, it's very crazy out in the Outer Banks, NC," Said Daniel.

"Yeah," said Cory, agreeing with Daniel.

"I might as well find out who is behind the white masquerade mask and why kill others?" said Daniel.

"Dude, I don't know..." said Cory.

During the afternoon after the phone conversation with his best friend Cory, Daniel went out for a walk in the town. He went into the flower shop to visit his sister Leilani there, he discovered Aislynn was there as he ran into her. "Aislynn?" said Daniel. "Oh, hey, Daniel," said Aislynn. "What are you doing here?" asked Daniel. "I was buying some flower seeds to garden at home. How are you doing after school is out for spring break?" said Aislynn. "It was OK, but something's crazy out in the town," said Daniel. "Really? What happened?" said Aislynn. "Some guy named Pablo got shot by the White Masquerade Mask Killer, I was on my way home before it happened," said Daniel. "Gosh," said Aislynn. "I'll explain what happened later, though," said Daniel. "Hey, Danny, what's going on?" said Leilani. "Oh, Aislynn, this is my big sister Leilani. Leilani, this is Aislynn, the girl I met in high school," said Daniel.

"Hi, namaste," said Aislynn. "Hey, Aislynn," said Leilani. "So, Daniel, do you wanna come to my house today?" said Aislynn, talking to Daniel. "Of course, I would love to," said Daniel. Leilani gives Daniel two thumbs up in the "you can do this" movement.

Daniel followed Aislynn to her house, her house is painted light blue and the roof is dark marine blue. "Wow, your house is... gorgeous," said Daniel. "Thanks, my father and my uncle painted the house blue 6 months ago because the white wall paint got so old," said Aislynn, smiling. Aislynn unlocks the door with her house key, and they go inside her blue house. Daniel is amazed about the inside of Aislynn's home, it is big and in a very unique African-based style. "Wow!" said Daniel, stunned and amazed. "Pretty amazing, huh?" said Aislynn. "Very amazing," said Daniel.

Daniel views the African antiques inside the china cabinet. "Follow me, I'll show you my beautiful bedroom," said Aislynn. Daniel follows Aislynn upstairs, he sees the other 3 kiddie bedrooms on the left of Aislynn's house which means that Aislynn has 3 siblings, he sees a guest room and a bathroom, and then he follows Aislynn to her beautiful bedroom.

Aislynn's bedroom is filled with an earthy, blossoming aroma around, the room is decorated with bohemian, whimsigothic decorations, the wall is painted purple and blue with stars, sun, and moon art decorations, Aislynn has crystals in her room, and she has houseplants in her wonderful, whimsigothic bedroom. Aislynn's spiritual paintings are hanging on the wall, along with the pictures of Stevie Nicks, Michael Jackson, Beyonce, and Tina Turner, and the pictures of other beautiful, spiritual artworks hanging on the other side of the wall as well. And Aislynn has a radio playing "Duvet" by Boa on her desk, next to her laptop. Her bedroom is all clear with so much oxygen from Aislynn's houseplants around. She has two pet turtles swimming in the tank with the color-switching fish tank light on, she has five caterpillars hanging up and changing in cocoons in the habitat cage, and she has a pet lizard in a terrarium cage.

"You got a nice, pretty room there. And it smells so nice," said Daniel. "Thanks, my room is full of positive energy and the whole whimsical and whimsigothic vibes," said Aislynn. "I see," said Daniel, impressed. "These are my beautiful, loving pets. The turtles: Venus and Leo, my caterpillars are named: Eve, Nova, Tiger, Lucas, and Marty; they're still in their cocoons until they turn into butterflies soon, and this is my lizard, Lexi," said Aislynn. "I see you love nature, do you?" said Daniel. "Yes, it's true. I'm a nature lover and I'm into investigating things. I connect with nature's energy every day when I go outside and befriend insects and animals. My brother Court's scared of bugs, I have 2 brothers and 1 sister, though," said Aislynn. "Really?" said Daniel. "Yeah," said Aislynn as she held a small container of mealworms and placed it into Lexi's cage for her pet lizard Lexi to eat them. "Are those worms?" asked Daniel. "Mealworms, lizards eat them," said Aislynn. "For real?" asked Daniel. "Yeah," said Aislynn. "Can I explain to you what happened earlier after school?" asked Daniel. "Of course," said Aislynn.