conversation & choices;

⋆♱✮☽🦇☽✮♰⋆

⋆♱✮☽🦇☽✮♰⋆

"Whiskey?" Taehyung raised his own eyebrow at that.

Both Taehyung and Yoongi were sitting at Jungkook's kitchen table as they watched Jungkook rifle through different cabinets in search of alcohol.

Jungkook had simply denied Taehyung's offer of making them some food and replied in a stern voice, "Both of you just sit down." Despite his demon's anger at being refused the opportunity to care for their mate, Taehyung had obeyed, and Yoongi, to Taehyung's surprise, had only raised an eyebrow before following suit.

"It's barely past noon, Jungkook." Taehyung complained.

"It's five o'clock." Jungkook replied, his voice flat.

 And Taehyung was...alarmed.

Jungkook had been vibrating with nervous energy since he'd met them in the hospital hallway, his brown eyes hard and his expression uncharacteristically unreadable. The only thing he'd said about his visit with Jimin was, "I told him everything." He'd been silent ever since, other than his current mutterings.

Something was definitely off with Taehyung's mate. Something other than the obvious fact of his injured brother.

"Jungkook, please let me—" Taehyung was cut off immediately, Jungkook shaking his head as he approached the table.

"I told you to stay quiet. You both only speak when I ask you to." He placed three shot glasses on the table and sat down across from the two vampires.

Jungkook downed his shot, swiveling his head to glare at Yoongi. "First, You." He pointed at Yoongi. "Have you been stalking my brother?"

Yoongi threw back his own whiskey, "Define stalking?" wincing, he didn't answer but instead further questioned.

"Jesus Christ." Jungkook rubbed a hand over his face. "Is it our family trait or some genetic thing that makes us vampire catnip?"

Taehyung broke in, unwilling to let whatever Yoongi was going on with Jungkook make second-guess their own connection. "I don't think you should compare Yoongi—"

"Seokjin told me you promised him forever," Jungkook cut him off, fixing him with a look.

"What?" Taehyung was out of his chair in an instant. "When did you see Seokjin again?"

"He was at the hospital."

"I told you he might be luring the boy in." Yoongi swore.

"How did you not realize he was already there?" Taehyung ground out through gritted teeth.

"I was distracted." Yoongi snapped back in his defense.

"Doesn't matter." Jungkook waved a hand at both of them dismissively, taking another shot of whiskey. "He didn't hurt me. He told me to pass his message to Taehyung—He wants you to keep your promise. You and him by each other's sides? Forever? that was the promise, right?"