Chapter 2: Invasive

X had left the house by the time I woke up. I was used to the bed being empty in the morning, so I laid there for a few moments, scrolling through my phone. The usual good morning text from X, saying when he would be off work. I didn't have work until later that evening.

I remembered that Two had stayed the night, and I wasn't sure if they were still here, but I'd serve them up on a platter for X before I even considered going to check. I really didn't like that Two was here, but as long as they didn't get too close to X or I, I could manage.

After a few moments of silence, there was a soft knock at the door before Two poked their head into the room

After a few moments of silence, there was a soft knock at the door before Two poked their head into the room. I remember feeling myself tense up. "What do you want." I tried my best not to look vulnerable, sitting up slightly. 

"Do you know where X is?.. It's a little awkward, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to leave.." Two stepped into the room. Out of reflex, I quickly stand up, grabbing my phone. Two raised an eyebrow, standing still and locking their fingers together in front of them.

"He's at work, you can leave." I answer their question. I really didn't want them in my house. Two had always been pretty slow when it came to social cues, so I wasn't fully expecting them to listen the first time.

Two stared at me for a moment, as if analyzing me in their head. I could almost hear the gears in their head turning. Jeez, how hard was it to understand my words? Two's eyes focus back in as they glance down, pulling their phone out and smiling at whatever message they got. "Oh! X says I can stay until he gets back! Sorry for bothering you!" They walked back out, closing the door behind them.

Great. There was no way I was going out there where Two is. But it was almost 9 AM, I needed to take my meds. But- The thought of getting caught in a painfully long conversation with Two.. it made my bones hurt in a way that was hard to describe.

I had moved X and I into this city to get away from Two, and now here they were. In my home. I didn't even know X still texted Two.. It kind of hurt to know that X had been keeping that from me, It made me paranoid. If X was willing to keep that kind of secret from me, what else was he hiding? 

I always did my best to trust X. It was something we had been working on for years now. It was such a slow improvement and every day I felt guilty for being skeptical. I sigh, going back to scrolling on my phone to redirect my thoughts.