Prologue: Almost is Bad Enough

Catcalls are freaking annoying, like what is the point of them. Do guys do that to make their friends laugh at their idiotic behavior, or do they actually believe that they could pick up girls that way? Maybe someone like Georgia Andrews would fall for it, but anyone else? Unlikely. I turn around and look at them, pulling my grey hoodie off my head that I have under my leather jacket, letting them see who I am. 

I hear their gasp and look at them, smirking while they bump into each other and lockers trying to get out of my vision as fast as they can. Looking after them for a few minutes, seeing them knock into people as they try to run away, it makes me feel like I accomplished something.  Scaring people to the point where the dash down hallways away from you and no one will willingly stand within three feet of you may not be everyone's thing, but it works for me.  

I don't need the useless distractions of friendships and all that comes with it. No strings attached one night stands are about the closest things to compassion as I am capable off.  Sometimes, if you're good enough, you might get two nights. It's not that I don't believe in love or friendships and stuff, it's just not my thing. Love can work for the preppy girl and her baseball obsessed boyfriend; friendships can work for the comic geeks who come to school dresses up as their new hero weekly. I just don't need it, all it does is open you up for a weakness. 

Who would be stupid enough to put their trust and heart in someone else? To trust someone so much that they fall in love with them. There's a reason that their is fostercare, divorce, and traitors: because trust is stupid and people don't deserve it.  I don't ever want to be one of those people that depend on things like love and friends in life, I don't need them, don't want them, and I sure as hell won't ever let anyone think that they need me in their life.

I turn back around and walk to my last period class after the second bell rang. Always need to make sure to be fashionably late, after all. 

I pull open the door to the English classroom and walk right in front of the teacher to a seat in the very back corner by the window. My seat, my row. No one else ever sits there because the last time someone tried I punched them in the face and pinned them up against the wall choking them until the school's security was able to remove my hands from the kid's neck.

"Late again, Miss Collins. Care to explain to the class why?" He says, already used to my behavior. Well, sort of used to.  Edward has what I like to think is a passion for things in threes. 

1) I would show up late to class/ and or have frequently skipped his class

That would usually give the response he has now, the weird unsettling calm before the storm. He would still speak to me pleasantly enough, and act like it does not bother him all that much. I know better though.

2) I would be sarcastic and talk back

While I like to believe that all I am doing is providing entertainment for the class, Edwards disagrees. He believes that students should fight each other to death just for the honor that you feel when you bow down to him, getting on hands and knees and kissing his old man shoes. It's okay though, I am really only being helpful. Not only is this providing the daily dose of laughter that everyone needs, but unfortunately doesn't get because teachers like Edward here take pleasure in seeing the robotic faces of children just going through the motions of learning during his class. And I also provide the exercise that he so desperately needs. The potbelly he got after his wife realised that living like a nun would be a good thing after having a child was only growing in size, nearly doubling in a month alone! The will that man had to shake his head "no" when offered food must be unbreakable. With him escorting me to the principal's office and the calories he burns when yelling at me(the sweat that drips down his forehead is proof of the hard work-out I offer him with my commentary) is helping towards my goal of keeping that stomachache at a reasonable size. I really only have an interest in helping Edward here.