Chapter 48: Winning the Soothe Bell!

"The second round of Paul and Y/N vs. Ash and Arlo starts now!" The Mayor announced as Ash let Staravia and Arlo let out Teddiursa.

"Look just because your fighting against your boyfriend and your brother, it doesn't mean that you're going easy against them, got it?"
"For the final time, he's not my boyfriend! I don't know why people like to assume we're dating, because in reality, we're just good friends!" You groaned with a red face before letting Shinx out, earning a questioning look from Paul.

Shinx got out and looked at you. "Shinx, you ready to win?" "shin!"
Paul let his Ursaring out, scaring Teddiursa right there.
"T-there's no way I'm letting you evolve into that giant" Arlo stuttered "Ursa Ursa!" Even Teddiursa agreed it.

"Letttt, the battleeee begin!"

"Alright Shinx, use spark on Staravia!"
"Quick, hyper beam on Teddiursa"
"Dodge and aeriel ace!"
"Use Slash!"

The four pokémon started to dash towards eachother and attack.

"Paul, I'll take care of Staravia, it's weak against Shin-" before you could finish, Paul told Ursaring to use Hammer arm.
"Use Dig, Teddiursa!"
"I told you that Shinx will attack Staravia! Why're you ruining the plan?!" You yelled, but Paul didn't responded 'Electric attacks won't work on Teddiursa, I have to go with a normal type more' "Quick! Use Tackle!"

Just as Staravia got hit by the hammer arm and Teddiursa was making its way to attack Ursaring from the bottom, Shinx managed to attack from the side, making Teddiursa stumble sideways.
"Staravia, are you okay?" "Via.." "alright, use double team!"

Dawn, Conway and Brock with your egg were watching the match from the sidelines without Holly because she already left.
"I swear if Y/N and Paul wins this match, then I'll think that those two are winning purely by luck" Dawn facepalms "pip piplup"
"Like i said, it's no luck, they're winning because of their individual strength-" Before Conway could finish, Shinx, who was using Spark to destroy the clones, got hit by Ursaring because it was standing in the way of his and Teddiursa's "-alright, at this point I'll believe that if they win, it's because of luck"

"Why can't you just be serious for once?!"
"Because you're only getting into my way" Paul finally snapped "I already told you that I don't care about you or any of your pokémons"
"Now you're making it look like it's only about you!" You repeated what Paul said to you in the first day.
The entire crowd was at this point tired of your and Paul's argument, but they were also surprised how you both made it this far even after all the disagreement.

"Shinx! You've got to stand up!" You said, after Shinx was literally attacked by both Staravia and Teddiursa because Ursaring was told to switch it's places at the last moment which made Shinx barely able to stand.
"Shinx~" it cooed before a blue light started to emerge from its body.

"Wow! What a scene! It looks like Shinx is evolving in the middle of the battle!" The Mayor exclaimed. Everyone was fixated to see it evolving, even though it was quite a common scene.

Shinx started to grow a lot bigger before the light stopped and revealed a Luxio.
"Shinx! You evolved!" Shinx, now Luxio, turned around to face you and let out a happy cry "look Paul, now that I have Luxio by my side, I'm winning this on my own!" You said "Use charge!" Luxio's body started to glow

"Ash, we have to do something"
"Yeah, Staravia, use aeriel ace!"
"Teddiursa, use dig!"
You smirked seeing how close Staravia was coming and, Luxio let out a cry when he felt Teddiursa was near it.
"Alright! Jump up in the air and use discharge!" Luxio did as you commanded and Staravia immediately collapsed on the ground. "Now, face the ground and Crunch!"
"Teddiursa not now-"
"Too late!"