3🪙

Neuvulette tightened his tie, anxious for the event in an hour. Just then, lady furina walked in.

"Oh, neuvulette, what do you think I should wear tonight?" She held up to versions of her signature outfit.

"Uh, that one." The taller man didn't even glance at her.

"Ugh, what's wrong? You've been stressed all day!" Furina complained.

Neuvulette hesitated to tell the young girl his secret. She would most definitely spread it around, but she is his closest friend.

"Well, for the ball tonight, I have a date." He decided to not reveal much to her.

"Oh! Oh!" She proclaimed. "Who is it? Tell me!!" She whined. "Is it that navia girl? Oh! The duke of maripode?"

Neuvulette was struck with her guess. "Uh... Nevermind."

Furina giggled. "I guessed right. Is it that duke boy? Haven't you two been famously feeding for absolutely no reason?" Lady furina pressed on about this. Neuvulette just wanted to go to the ball already.

"Oh, look!" Neuvulette exclaimed. "Our ride is here!" He frantically tried to distract furina with the carriage outside of the Villa's front door.

This villa was just outside of Fontaine proper, the countryside's most prized gem.
It was property if the city, and used for various affairs of the high society. It was mainly used as a second house for lady furina, who would host parties to celebrate her birthday each year.

As neuvulette and furina stepped in the carriage, the man longingly stared out the window to the greenery before them. He wondered if the duke would even show up, and if he didn't, try and have a nice evening without him.