Chapter 29: The Sudden Proposal

"The sweetest of all sounds is that of the voice of the woman we love." - Jean de la Bruyere

(Unedited)
Lauren's POV

I was looking at Ashley. She was smiling widely as she is approaching me. She looks so excited and glowing.

"Lauren!" Ashley called out and she ran to me. I wanted to ran and meet her but I felt like my body was frozen and my foot was glued on the ground, with my mouth hanging open.

Am I dreaming? And why is she here?

Then behind her was Mario looking so happy with... "Zandros.." I murmured incoherently, following behind Mario, while approaching me a bit farther from Ashley.

I was so drowned with that familiar feelings that rushed throughout my body, whacking my entire system. I just felt Ashley's limbs bump into mine and she was hugging me so tight.

"My god, we were so worried at you.. Well, Zandros was very worried. He almost lost his sanity, and even had to ruined our peaceful life to help him find you!!" Ashley rambled ceremoniously. I felt my hands giving back her hug with my eyes glued on Zandros. He looks like he lost a bit weight, but he's still as sexy devil as he is before. Handsome and still irresistable. My heart still aches for him. Badly.

Ashley pulled away and her two hands rested on my shoulders.

"Your skin turned into tan missy.. I'm so jealous.." Ashley commented with her eyes shining with joy.

"Stay here in two months and you'll get this color more tan than I got now.." I smiled bitterly, still conscious with Zandros burning eyes staring at me, boring holes in me.

Then Mario dropped the luggage, and pulled me into a tight hug that I thought I'm going to lost my oxygen.

"Why didn't you tell me you're going somewhere else?" he whined then he pulled me out of his hold.

"I need an escape right? so I thought it better be not known, including you!" I chuckled softly, trying to relax myself.

Then I looked at him. Those longings that his eyes didn't hide, the same feelings I had tried to ignored. We were both too drowned in our eyes that I didn't notice Ash and Mario move back and just watch us.

I wanted to ran unto his arms and feels his strong arms around my body. I wanted to hear his voice, when he said I love you to me. I wanted to kiss his lips and taste him. I wanted to drown myself with his scent.

Damn! I always wanted him!!

"Hi!" Zandros smiled warily after a long silence with just our eyes locked.

"Hi." I smiled back. My heart was pounding loudly inside my chest. I unconsciously looked down on his fingers and I didn't see any ring. Then I looked back on his face questioningly, with my eyes confused, forehead furrowed.

"I'm not married. Ayumi ran away." he replied with so much happiness.

Why would he be happy?

"I don't understand!" was all I said, mumbling audibly. Zandros walked closer to me. I could now smell his familiar scent that always drove me to insanity.

"Ayumi doesn't like being controlled by her father, that's why she decided to ran away instead of marrying me." he explained.

Then he paused, without breaking his gaze on me. "I love you Lauren. And I want to marry you!!" He said bluntly. He looks like he can't take it anymore.

My eyes widened when his words sunk in my head.

Did he just said he wants to marry me??