CHAPTER ONE

September 07 Monday ●6:45

Naiari kaleim (Ari) 17yr

Stirring as i feel myself being shooked awake by sturdy arms , the peaceful grasp of sleep slipping away as reality rudely intrudes on my cozy dreamland .

Nosah but a coulda who so brite a come wake mi up unuh nave no manners enuh bet say a one a mi crawsis breadda them Jesussss god mn.

"Mmmm mi wake enuh yuh can stop shake mi now" I said in a muffled tone . I peeked one eye open to see the menace to society who woke me up .

"Ofcourse a you Ryyel wah do yuh man yuh gots to go down today today today, why yah wake mi up so early?" I said now genuinely agitated

I have two older brothers Quan being the oldest (22) and Ryyel being the second oldest(19), A younger cousin xavier (15) but his mother my aunt and father my uncle passed away along with my mom when we were younger. Dad took in Xavier and he is honestly like a brother to us and a son to daddy. Quan doesn't live with us he comes around most of the times though.

I love them all but being the only girl in the house can get tiring at times.

"Bredda yuh doh have school fi go yo yah talk bout go down y pon dat man, A pops sen mi come wake yuh him seh yuh ago late pon yuh first day back" he said calmly in a breath and I noticed he was already dressed in his uniform

"OH. Rahtid den nuh today mi start uppa six" I say jumping from the bed heading to the bathroom connected to my room shouting a thank you hearing him chuckle before hearing my room door shut.

Getting out my pj's and putting it in the laundry basket, hoping in the shower setting the shower to warm water.

Why you so nasty? My subconscious says
Me really and truly naa go agree with you right now. I responded

Lettting the water cascade down my body before putting my Olay strawberry mint flavored body wash , before sudding and scrubing my body to ensure i'm clean then wash off. I repeated the process once more. Using my yoni soap bar to wash my vagina then wash off once more.

Getting out of the shower wrapping myself with a towel I head over to the sink to do my morning face routine I start by slathering on that charcoal scrub, givin' my skin a deep clean. After rinsin' it off, I massage in my Olay gentle Foaming Cleanser, washin' away any leftover grime. Finally, I finish off with a hydrating moisturizer, leavin' her face feelin' all soft and glowy.

I also did my hair in a top knot bun with two swoop edges and a side burn, lotioned my skin.

Entering my bedroom I head to my closet and pull out the draw that has my undergarments and take out a black set containing a black push up bra , black tanga panty and a black and red stretchy boxer and my school mariner putting them on quickly before I hear a knock at my door.

"Yes daddy yuh can come in" I answered to the knock knowing only my father would knock before entering cause my bredda em not a rass.

"Princess yuh late enuh 1 year yuh tek Ina the bathroom after ryy come in here" he said smiling

"Good morning to you too father, I know am late but only because I lost track of time while sleeping". I said

"That alright, just come fi tell yuh say breakfast Ina a cover dish so yuh can carry it's 2 chicken wraps. Quan mek it and also him ago drop yuh a school today cause mi have some thing fi deal wid today early yer " .he said putting a light kiss on my forhead

My dad's an entertainment lawyer he specializes in legal matters related to the entertainment industry. And handle contracts, intellectual property rights, and other legal issues. His salary is quite high so we have a high standard of living , we live in Cherry Gardens Mobay J.A .

"I don't mind daddy" I say shrugging and walking into my closet to put on my uniform and my white socks with my shoes.

We talked about random things. I honestly love his company I exist my closet to see he was now sitting at my study.

"Look how yuh get big still cah believe yah go turn 18 next month enuh yuh mother woulda love fi see yuh now" his tone now having a tad of longing in it he was so in love with mommy I want a man to treat me the way he treated mommy .

I walked over to him and hugged him with teary eyes cause I miss her twice as much .

"Come man Ari anuh time fi yuh a cry right now yuh need fi come go school it now 7:30 and a 8:10 school start by time yuh muss reach a first session , how much class yuh have today"he questioned

"Two I think one in the morning and one after break after that I'm free to come home.... but my dearest father " a cheeky smile playing on my face

"Mmmm weh yah beg" he said and we bout started laughing cause I was going to ask him for one of his cards knowing he won't say no cause I want to go shopping after school and I'm a daddy's girl.

"Can have one of ur cards please, i wanna go shopping with Zari and Yana after school" I ask with a pleading look

He took out a black card from his wallet and gave to me and passes my Rick and Morty sprayground bag.

"Doh spend off everything offa it enuh"he said sighing cause mi doh know mi limited when my go Ina store and I smile.

I spray on my bath and body works along with my Mancera Coco Vanille cologne and we both exist my room and head down stairs.

Only to see an impatient Ryyel waiting, Quan on his phone and Cyae also on his phone sitting in the living room.

Cyae is Quan's bestfriends since kindergarten.

"Morning" I say and head to the kitchen as I hear a chorus of mornings .

I take the dish open my bag put it inside on top of my books then closing my bag and putting only one strap of my bag on my shoulder and taking my pink thermos in my hand . I open the lid and take a sip of my coffee and did a slight exhale with a smile now feeling ready for today.

Re-entering the living room I overhear dad and Quan talking.

"Dem shoot up ova Jago enuh dem a retaliate because yuh tek out them Don" Quan said eyes fixed on his phone

"Them tek out my parri first them cah come pay sympathetic card right now all a dem weh did involve mi wid kohani death mi wah dem gone "
He said anger evident in his tone

Kohani was a close friend of his he died in a so call accident. Dad said. Well a guess now story come to buck.

I pretend not to hear the convo because truth be told i know they are all involved in mob lifestyle there jobs are obviously a cover for it. That's also why I know my mom and aunt didn't die of an accident they were killed because they we also involved my mom being the Donna of Spain where we're originally from and my aunt being the Donna of Jago height along with her husband who was the Don.

"I am ready aren't you Ryyel" I said making my presence known so there convo came to an end

"Aiite Wednesday mi a come back up here enuh Dragga" Quan said referring to dad by his street name

The did a side hug and dad whispered something inaudible to me and Quan gave him a nod before leaving along side Cyae and Ryyel who hailed dad before leaving.

"Bye daddy" I said giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek he did the same.

I exit the house and joined the guys in the car on the front seat.

~~~~~~~~that's it for this chapter Bye guys remember to vote and leave comments if you like the book . Kisses 《Ashley》