Chapter 3. The Revelation

I was unable to sleep for many days as my thoughts are always thinking about who would be this Swapna.

"How did Swathi know her?". "How does she know about the loot?", and many more such questions kept me awake for the whole time. I anxiously waited for Swathi's return.

She said, she would visit in the next month again. Meanwhile, my brain got exploded with curiosity and it started to think all the possibilities that can happen under the sky.

At last, the wait was over and today is the day, Swathi promised to meet me again. I woke up early in the morning before other cellmates and got ready and was waiting for the visitor's time. When the time came, I ran swiftly to ask her what was the second letter about and who is Swapna and how does she know all about us.

Swathi was not there in the visitor's gallery and I was disappointed and waited for her till the last minute. The police constable asked everyone whoever came to visit the prisoners to go away as the visiting time was finished and I was about to leave the place. Just then Swathi came dashing against the people moving outside.

I felt happy to see her and wanted to ask many questions but I could not do so as the constable was insisting that Swathi should leave the premises, as its end of the visiting hours. She asked the constable to give her few minutes so that she could speak to me. To my surprise, the constable agreed to her request and allowed us for five minutes more.

At last, I got to ask my questions which were troubling me for the whole month. Before I can ask anything, she said that she will answer all the questions I have in mind, as if she read my mind.

But, she said," this is not a good place to talk and you must be very curious about Swapna". "Don't worry, Swapna is my close friend's name". "I will tell everything after you come back to our village only". "There are a lot more surprises and shocks that you will go through". "But, you have just another hurdle ahead of you after you come back. And upon returning, don't dig out the treasure before I say you to do so. Remember it for sure. I will let you dig it when time is right and after that everything will be wonderful for us".

After listening to her say, I asked who is this friend that I don't know about. I knew you for many years now. I know all your friends, you only have three friends and I know them (Rekha, Jyothi and Geetha). I understand, that you are partly lying to my face now. Maybe, because of the environment here or some other reason. I will wait till you speak the truth. But, don't make me anxious without providing the answers for longer period.

For which, she smiled and said, "I know you would understand me even though I did not say the truth. I did bring you another letter today for you, but I won't give you now. Seeing you more anxious and desperate to know what's happening is not fair. So, forget everything and maintain a good behavior in the jail. You might get your prison sentence reduced from two years to one year six months.

"You might see me six months earlier."

With these words, she left the place and I returned to my cell with many questions unanswered.

I felt she was looking confident, happy and a little proud while speaking about Swapna. I zeroed in that there is nothing for me to worry. Swathi is happy and I got the vibe that she can handle any sort of situation calmly and with a cool attitude.

After few months, I completely forgot about all these and got immersed into the life at the prison. Life in the prison is not a pleasant experience for anyone. Lots, of things in the life will get cleared and many will learn the harsh reality of the outside world in a rough way in here.