chp 1 : meeting again

Abhilash POV

"Sinha do have anything else for the day? " I asked my secretary - Rahul Sinha - who has been working with me for last 4 years so I skip the formality of mister when no one is around.

Sinha noded and replied " sir Mr.Gautam Yadav is holding a pre-wedding party for the business tycoons , you need to attend that and your day would be wrapped up"

" when is it ?" I asked , more like groan.
"6pm"
" fine arrange my suit and send it home. I am leaving and I will arrive directly at the venue " I pick my coat and walk out of my cabin.

Gautam was my childhood buddy. We were quite close until grade 12. After that we grew apart, later when we both came into business industry we became close again. In other words we lived our childhood together. He was a pain in the Butt. And he was getting married which leaves me as the alone bachelor in the group.
I settle in my car and drive back home.

I lived with my mom who talked to me a few times in a month since my dad's death 5 years ago. It was mostly to persuade me into marriage. I was just 28 years old. Too young. But everyone wants me married. According to many magazines I was " the most eligible bachelor "

It's not that I hate girls but they don't seem worthy or interesting for me.
And because of that I sometimes thought I'm gay.
But I got over that thought too.

I halted the car as the gates open. I drove inside the lonely mansion and got inside the empty hall.
I checked the time

4 : 13

I sigh left my mouth. I went to my room and fell on the bed. I never knew when I fell asleep.

ring ring ring

I opened my heavy eyelids. Sinha was calling .

"Hello Sinha. What happened" I said grumpily

"Sir its 6:15 , just wanted to check if your on your way"

" I am starting. " I said and hung the call.

I went and quickly showered , dressed myself , grabbed my car keys and jolted towards it. In 30 minutes I was in front of the venue.

I went inside the grandly decorated venue just to see the place packed up with business world folks.

" Is this the time to come. " Gautam said with his hands on his hips. He was looking as handsome as he was when I last saw him

"Sorry macha ( buddy ). you know traffic and all " i said with a huge grin on my face.

he tried to contain a smile but eventually it broke and he hugged me smilling like a cheshire cat. I heard him muttering idiot under his breath which only made me happier."

" Reyyyyy " someone said behind us

I turned towards the owner of that voice.

. . .

My mind went blank. She was dressed in a deep green sophisticated evening gown. light makeup and hair down. She was definitely not like the innocent girl that I knew her as.

" Sis this is Abhilash. Abhi this is my sister Dharmika." Gautam introduced us. She smiled a little and put her hand forward which i shook with an equal smile.

" I do know him anna ( bro ). " she said and turned towards Gautam and said" My sis in law is searching for you. You also need to officially introduce her to the media."

"You both have a chat. I'll join later " saying that Gautham slipped in to the crowd.

" you remember me " I asked in a doubtful manner.

"Yes . I clearly remember the atrocities you and my brother pulled together. "

I nodded. We didn't talk for a while and she excused herself before disappearing.

I realizing that I have a reputation went and started talking to the business tycoons and I completely regreted it when i saw Meera.

Meera Malhotra , daughter of Vijay Malhotra, was dressed in a particularly over exposing dress from which a lot of skin was visible. She hugged me with a huge smile and was pouring herself on me. If no one was around i would have slapped that woman there.

It was almost three hours and the guests finally left leaving a few family members. Gautam insisted on me staying with him and couldn't say no to a groom to be cause he was stepping into the dark world of marriage and as his friend i should stay by him in his last happy moments.

" Abhiiiiiiiiii. My best friend , so handsome , so intelligent." Gautam sang and this only meant that trouble was on my way

" What do you want ? " I grunted

" A tiny favour "

uh oh

....................................................................

Any guesses what the favour is ?

do tell me how is it

~

Edward