Chapter Two

Two days later.
Mason's POV

It is 6pm at night when Jack knocks on the door. I am at the table just starting on my home work this is one of the better foster homes I have been placed in my foster mom Sue is helping me with it. My foster dad Frank answers the door.
"Jack what brings you here?" Frank says.
"Sorry to blindside you. But Mason's father was awarded custody this afternoon. I am here to take him to his dad's.
"Mason go pack your stuff buddy." Frank says I nod. I place my unfinished home work in my school bag. I run upstairs and pack what little stuff I have into a medium duffle bag before I walk downstairs grab my backpack and I go and put my worn out boots on and grab my jacket and hat on before I go and get into the back seat of Jack's car. He starts it before we drive to a nice house in a nice neighborhood. We park before we get out and we walk up the side walk to knock on the door. I was shocked at who answers the door.

It is Sergeant kay"Hey buddy just in time for dinner

It is Sergeant kay
"Hey buddy just in time for dinner. Thank you Jack for dropping him off." He says shaking Jack's hand. I slowly walk inside the house it is the nicest house I have ever been in. Sergeant Kay shuts the door once I am inside. I take my boots off. And I remove my jacket and hat. He smiles down at me before crouching down to my height.
"I know this will be a big adjustment. Let's eat dinner then we will have a conversation before I show you to your room. You will be sharing with your big brother Matthew. He is two years older then you. Monday we will change you schools this will be the last school you change until junior high I promise. Now let's introduce you to my wife and your siblings." He says standing up. I slowly follow into the kitchen I see a beautiful woman.
"David is this him?" She asks.
"Yes this is Mason. Mason this is your step mom Annie." He says.
"Hi. My mom named me Mason David Kay. Now I know where David comes from." I say with a tiny smile. She laughs as Sergeant Kay chuckles. I hear two sets of foot steps. I quickly hide behind Sergeant Kay or should start calling him dad I guess. I don't do too well with other kids bad experiences from past foster siblings beating me.
"Matthew, Lila what have I said about running in the house." Annie says.
"Sorry mom." They both say together. I peak out from behind sergeant kay's back.
"Mason it is ok sweetie it is just your siblings. Matthew, Lila this is your brother Mason. He is your long lost brother we never knew about." Annie says.
"Hi Mason." They say together I just wave shyly before I hide back behind Sergeant kay. We all go and sit at the table I take the seat between Sergeant kay and Lila. Annie places a plate of chicken with mash potatoes and broccoli in front of me. We bow our heads as Sergeant kay says a prayer before we all eat. Once we finish dinner I quickly grab my homework before sitting down and starting to do it again. David sits beside me and smiles while he opens up a file from work. He helps me when I ask him in no time I am finished. I put it back into my school bag. He puts the file away before he leads me over to sit on the couch and we sit down.
"I know this is all new. Mason let me start by saying I had no clue about your existence. It is why I ordered the DNA test when I looked into your mom's case I recognized her as someone I slept with once. I found your uncle as well. Her last name was Luca. I petitioned for a DNA test that day. It took me two days to get custody once the results were in. Now let's go over rules. No more fighting in school. If you are feeling angry come to me and we can let it out in a safer way ok. Annie and I are both here. I know it will take time but get to know your siblings I promise they are safe. You are safe now I promise." He says and I sigh and nod.
"I don't think I even know how to stop fighting. I am just angry all the time and I have been since I was 4." I say. He sighs.
"That we can work on ok. We just need to channel it into something else. Try and stay out of trouble." He says and I sigh before nodding.
"Fine. But I am still going to pull pranks on the teachers." I say and he chuckles.
"Don't get yourself expelled for it." He says.
"Fine." I say. We stand up and he grabs my duffle bag and we walk up stairs just as Annie is starting to putting the others to bed. I grab a t-shirt and a pair of sweat pants out of my bag before running to change and climbing into the bed David said was mine. Annie and David tuck us both in before they turn out the lights It isn't long before I am asleep.