My Prison

Orion

Dad had told me that packs had cells where they kept their prisoners. They were usually underground, and not too far away from the main pack house, so that the Alpha could keep an eye on them. Often, the bars were made of silver, or dipped in wolfsbane, to help keep a wolf inside the cell. To stop them from throwing themselves at the iron bars, or chewing them while in wolf form.

So, what did these bars do to a human?

Well, nothing. As I found out. They were too strong to be broken by human hands. And the lock was impossible to pick without any tools.

I was screwed.

The wolf that had spotted me turned out to be the young Beta. And he was strong. After shifting back into his human form, he'd knocked me to the ground, using his weight to pin me body underneath him as he'd searched my pockets. I knew once he'd found my knives as he'd hissed and howled after touching them.

Just as I thought he would.

He was angry at that. And I knew this because he'd knocked me out shortly afterwards.

And then I'd woken up here. In a dark cell. On a bed that creaked whenever I moved.

A dull throb was pounding behind my eyes, and my vision was slightly blurry. I put that down to the fact I had taken a blow to the head. But the light down here was dim, and my eyes were straining, so it was kind of hard to know for sure. And it smelled damp. I could hear a faint dripping sound, but couldn't quite make out where it was coming from.

Was there water dripping into this cell?

The floor was wet, so I guess so.

I lay back on the bed, looking up at the dark ceiling. I could just make out the faint outline of a bare lightbulb, but it wasn't turned on.

Not long after I'd woken up, I had walked around the cell, only to find that three out of four of the walls were brick. The floor was concrete, and the bars of the cell were thick and close together. I could barely get my arm between the bars, so there was no way I'd be able to fit my body between them.

The lock was small and fiddly. Without the small pack of picks that had been tucked away in a pocket but had since been taken off of me, I had no way of getting out.

I was trapped.

So, I decided to lie on the bed and wait to see what the Alpha had in store for me.

What did this pack do to intruders?

Dad had told me about how some packs would kill trespassers on sight. Well, that hadn't happened to me, but was that a good sign? Would something worse happen to me?

Did this pack like to torture their trespassers?

A click. Then a creak.

Footsteps.

I sat up and faced the bars. A light was shining towards me, moving as it got closer, closer, closer.

A torch.

Someone was walking to my cell holding a torch.

The footsteps were getting heavier, louder, closer.

Swinging my legs over the side of the bed, I placed my feet on the floor, aware of the splash my boots made as they hit the concrete.

"You!" A deep voice boomed. The torched was shone directly into my eyes making me squint. I held a hand up to block some of the light.