«Chapter 12»

Sunlight leaked between the blinds of the window and shone upon the elleth's fair face. On feeling the light hit her face, the elleth's eyes gracefully fluttered opened and greeted the beautiful sun. A sudden knock made her jolt up from the comfy bed.

"Tauriel dear! Breakfast is ready!" Silvia called in her higg pitch voice

"Coming!" Tauriel called back

With that, the elleth scattered about to freshen herself up. With her hair combed and herself cleaned, she adorned herself with the odd clithes provided and left for the dining hall.

Reaching the Dining Room, the elleth found Finnick and Josh already seated. Tauriel was quite nervous on seeing Finnick after what happened last night. Nonetheless, she greeted him normally.

"Good morning!" She smiled

Upon hearing the she-elf's voice Finnick snapped out of his thoughts and looked up to the beautiful girl that stood infront of him. A smile came on his handsome face on seeing Tauriel.

"Morning Tauriel!" He smiled

"Morning.." Josh replied

Relief flowed through her heart om seeing that Finnick was acting normal. Yet she felt that he did not forget wjay she actually was.

***

It was quite true, Finnick did remember about Tauriel's homeland and her Elven Lineage. Yet he showed no hate for the elleth, for she was still his Tribute and he will still care for her. Though another thought lingered within the young man's mind, and that was of Tauriel's homeland. What is it like? Is there a Tyrant ruling the kingdom? Is it like Panem at all? He decided that it would be best to inquire of them later.

With everyone seated, they then began to eat their breakfast in silence. The silence was fortunately broken by Josh.

"Hey Finnick... would it be a good idea to forge an alliance with the Career Tributes?" Josh inquired

"Well... it's a smart choice if you want to eliminate a lot of Tributes" Finnick responded "but seriously... I don't think it's the smartest choice of them all, because most of the time the Career Allliances get killed by someone within their own group"

"Like me..." Finnick thought in his head

Though Finnick was not a Career Tribute, he did join an alliance with them. Cleverly, he lured most of them into his snares and skewered them to death. Ever since, guilt ate at his heart.

***

"From how he speaks of the careers... they seem cunning.." Tauriel thought

"So...no?" Josh said

"Pretty much...yeah" Finnick responded

"Eh...either way i'm joining them!" Josh shrugged

Tauriel was about to ask Finnick a questions, only to be cut off by the halting of the train. When the Silvan looked towards the window, her eyes widen in shock when she gazed upon the odd looking people who cheered outside the window.

"Ah! Where here!" Silvia exclaimed "Tauriel, Josh....we have arrived to the Capitol!"