ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢 (PART TWO)

"Stars are falling, and I wondered if this is the end. Then I look at the bottom of the glass in front of me, reminding me that's an old memory, a memory I wish to forget."

(Meryl's POV)

I recall obtaining the answers I wanted, particularly as I was gradually comprehending why The Nightmare was committing the heinous crimes. However, I was unsure if it was wise to divulge this information to the public.

I longed to share the findings with people, enlightening them that The Nightmare was not a bad person. If only they knew, they would understand me better. It would also help improve the public's perception of the "killer." However, I knew that such a move would make me a target and endanger myself and those around me.

This brought me to ponder; why would informing the public make me a target? While some people wanted to expose The Nightmare, there were others who wanted her dead. But why? What was their motive? Why did they want her dead?

And then it dawned on me. The only ones who would have a motive to kill someone like her would be the people who were the masterminds behind it all. It only made sense. The Nightmare had killed hundreds of their people, and they felt threatened. So they wanted to take her down to continue their trade.

As I documented my findings on paper with my typewriter, I heard a knock on my window. I looked up to see The Nightmare perched on the railing outside my window. I opened the window, my heart racing. Was I nervous? Was I scared? No, I was excited! I felt my palms get sweaty, and my heart raced with adrenaline. I think I'm in love with The Nightmare.

(To Be Continued)