Back story?

The whole chapter's gonna be from the author's pov telling ya'll about  Evelyn and Jungkook's personal life.

Author's pov

Evelyn was not one of those lucky children who had parents with a healthy relationship.
Her parents would constantly fight.
Not only verbally but alot of times would be abusive as well.

Why would they fight?

Evelyn's father's name was Calvin Jones.
He was an American who was borned and brought up in Korea.

He met Yeon Ju Ha, Evelyn's mother when she had come to take a job in his company. Slowly they fell in love and married.

While they were dating Calvin would drink frequently but Yeon Ju Ha thought he would change after marriage. But he didn't even change when he had gotten a baby daughter.
He even came to see his baby daughter in the hospital drunk.

They would constantly fight about his drinking habit. She eventually stopped caring about his drinking habit and stopped fighting with him for this because she was fed up.

But day by day he started drinking more and he's behaviour started changing after the alcohol was consumed.

He started becoming very agressive and would even raise his hands at Yeon Ju.

He would always suspect her for cheating and was never ok with her working.

They constantly fought and little Evelyn who saw all of this while growing up had now almost lost hope in love and had immense hate towards anyone from the other gender.

Her father off course loved her but only when he was sober. When he is drunk he would not only raise his hands at Yeon Ju but also at Evelyn.

He many times tried choking Evelyn for something very inconvenient

Evelyn spent sleepless nights cuz of her father troubling and hurting her mother.
Her mother wasn't like those weak women in the movies either.

Yeon Ju would always fight back and that is what leads the fights to be abusive.

Yeon Ju for the sake of her daughter always controls and silently listens to the person who was once the love of her life say vulgar cusses to her and her daughter and accuse her for cheating because she works and is not a house wife just like he wanted her to be.
He would talk absolute shit about Yeon Ju's parents who were separated cuz of her dad doing a second marriage and cheating on Yeon Ju's mother who also wanted to abort Yeon Ju but thanks to Yeon Ju's maternal aunt (mother's sister) who decided to take care of her as both her parents didn't want her.

______________________________________
For those who don't understand -
(If u understood then skip)
THIS ISN'T RELEVANT. YOU CAN DIRECTLY START READING FROM WHERE THE NORMAL FONT STARTS IF U WANT TO.
Evelyn's grandmother wanted to abort Evelyn's mother because Evelyn's grandfather wanted it. But thankfully Evelyn's grandmother's elder sister decided to raise Evelyn's mother as Evelyn's biological grandmother mother was not in the right mental state to raise her and her father who had left her and her mother for an other women had now made a family with her and was too busy to take care of Evelyn's biological grand mother and Evelyn's mother

(THIS IS NOT RELEVANT OK)

Also
Evelyn's grandfather and Evelyn's grandmother were now separated cuz her grandfather did a second marriage and cheated on her grandmother
(Refering to maternal grandparents offc)
So evelyn's father would always get drunk and mock Evelyn's mother because none of her parents wanted Evelyn's mother.

______________________________________

The toxicity run through the bloods of all the men in Evelyn's family.

Her father, grandfather, uncles, grand uncles ,everyone.

Yeon Ju earns more money then Calvin and this is what hurts his male ego more.

He would fight,abuse and say extremely in appropriate things to his wife and daughter at night after drinking but would completely forget about it the next morning.
guilty? he didn't even care about how he treated his own wife and daughter as long as he has food in the plate.

However, he loves Evelyn alot.

But it's the complete opposite for her.

She absolutely hates him cuz of how he treats her mother but a tiny part of her also loves him.

She hates how easily forgiving her mother is and hates the fact that she gets the same quality from her mother.

Evelyn also has asthama due to her father's genes. She's growing better right now but still gets severe attacks at times.

She is like those people who are always sick.

Jungkook's back story

Unlike Evelyn, he grew up in a very happy family with chill parents.

He only had 2 problems in life which weren't worth referring to as "only".

First was his ex.

She has spread alot of rumours about him and her in the school and now he suddenly went from the angel popular group of kids to the bitchy popular group of kids category in his school

only according to people offc.

In real life he was a literal sweetheart.
He was like those typical golden retriever guys who are pure gentlemen and would treat girls right.

His favourite group of popular friends had stopped talking to him just because of those rumours and now avoided him and jokes about him behind his back.

After his toxic ex and toxic friends he has gotten serious trust issues.

Outside of school he was fine but in the school he was always bothered by people.
He disliked or infact hated almost everyone from his school except Taehyung.

Offc he still has friends at school and was still popular among girls because of his good looks but this time he hates everyone.

At school,he genuinely doesn't cares about anyone by heart except Taehyung.

The second problem were his grades.

Though he's parents were chill and they never pressurized him for good grades.
It would make him more guilty if he didn't get good grades.

This is why he would always stress himself and pressurise himself to get good grades.

He's good at literally everything except academics.