chapter 6

It's been two weeks since that day when Kate realized that there was something more than just a feeling but meg seems like gone. Meg had been working for the windsors for two months now, seeing the kids almost every day, but in a way she was always trying to get away from Kate she didn't want to be seen by her, in fact she always made sure that William came home before her so she could avoid her without any problems. Catherine  had imagined the reason for this distance and detachment but believed that their connection could not be interrupted in this way , without explanations at all.
So she decided to text her , just to be outside of that environment so meg could see the real kate and not just the future queen of england

C: Since when you started ignoring me , can i please ask you to go out with me , i really need to talk you , tonight?

M: to go out really? as if you weren't the princess of the uk , you can't ask me to go out kate we are not friends . Sounds like a 16 year old message to me , sorry i have to decline

C: why are you doing this ? You are acting so weirdly and i need to understand, you have been ignoring me for the last couple weeks after we shared that moment . I'm gonna sent you an Uber that will drive you to Windsor so we can have some privacy, I expect you to be there

meg did not answer but decided to go anyway she owned her an apology . Yes she was afraid of all this new world, since she had become the new babysitter of the royal children the paparazzi began to chase  her to her house to try to have informations and gossips but this was not what frightened her the most . That feeling towards Kate was unpredictable, Meg did not want to lose it at any cost but above all she did not want to lose her and if someone found out what was under this relationship ,it would happen a disaster. The whole nation would go against Catherine but especially she would cause an huge disappointment for her family and meg didn't want this at all.

The evening arrived and Kate advised William that she  was going out with friends, she had never thought to lie her husband like this , but she had to fix things with meg so she then took the car and wait for meg's uber  in front of Windsor castle. As per procedure, the princess made sure that the uber of meg was armored and obscured so as to avoid speculation but fortunately there was no sign of paparazzi .

The driver complied with the orders of the undercover princess , in fact as soon as the driver arrived he said to meg "the car with the four arrows at the bottom is waiting for you "
meg left the uber and got in Kate's car.
The atmosphere was not the best , Kate was angry but also very worried and at the beginning she did not even look at the girl.

C: Well ,you are not even going to say hello?

M: don't start catherine

C: no i am meg , because i need explanations ( she answered fuoriosly but then she calmed down and said) Look, I just want to figure out what happened after that night, you didn't called me as you did most of the times and I haven't saw you for weeks , like you disappeared. What did I do to you?

M: it's not about you kate...

C: then tell me , please open up with me

M: god why is it so difficult

C: please meg tell me i'm trying to understand but you need to let me in

M: this situation frightens me so much that I run away, I ran away as I have always done because this is what I do best . But I realized I can't stay away from you, i tried i really tried believe me ; after that evening everything changed and now i don't know how to deal with all of this so i thought that maybe staying away from you would have solved things but it didn't, it made them worse because there is not one single day that i don't think of you ( she said with tears in her eyes)