Ch 6 | See Stars

Y/N's POV:

"Got a second?"

No I do no—

"She's free!" Yunjin exclaims. "We were just leaving, right Chae?"

"Yep!" Chaewon stands up too before they both grab their stuff, giggling together as they pass by Hoseok.

You frustratedly pinch the bridge of your nose and sigh. It's Sunday and Hoseok usually takes today off so you were hoping you wouldn't run into him this soon. You're not ready for the confrontation. The cool and confident [Y/N] is nowhere to be seen right now.

Not to mention you're a sweaty mess dressed in a sports bra and sweats with no makeup. And you're still a little hungover.

But of course Hoseok looks like a god today, as usual. He's dressed in a green and white jacket with the hood pulled up, his hair messily styled over his forehead, and gold rimmed glasses sit perched on that perfect little nose.

"What's up?" you ask as you awkwardly turn around to head for your bag

"What's up?" you ask as you awkwardly turn around to head for your bag. Your blue duffel bag is sitting on some boxes pushed up against one of the mirrors but you keep your eyes laser focused on the zipper, even though you can see Hoseok coming closer out of your peripherals.

"Just wanted to check in on my star employee," JHope says teasingly.

"I am not your star employee," you huff, rolling your eyes. You grab a towel from your bag and start to wipe the sweat from your face and neck, your back still facing Hoseok.

He's closer now, maybe just a few feet away as he says, "Okay, I don't really have star employees, but I have high quality ones. And you're one of them. So are Mia and Ji-eun."

That gets your ears perking up so you turn around to face him, trying to ignore the way your heart is beating out of your chest. Hoseok is only two or three feet away from you now, standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"You know Mia and Ji-eun?"

"I know about all of my employees," JHope smiles, shaking his head. "This may be HYBE's building but you guys are still under my payroll."

Hoseok has his own dance studio which is where you practice with Jungkook, but when you're training Le Sserafim, you come to HYBE's building.

"I see." You avert your eyes and squeeze the towel in your hands, praying he doesn't notice the slight tremble. You're nervous. You're embarrassed. And you're a little scared.

Yesterday was a different version of you. You're not sure how to act around Hoseok anymore.

This job means everything to you. Hoseok can't find out about how you feel. You can't go back home. You can't go back to them.

Your adoptive family.

The ones that beat you and always reminded you of how unworthy you are. Even after you turned 18 they still made sure to find a way to make your life hell.