Prologue

Welcome Home, Queen S.

"Gracie, please call Ally... and Kylie. Today. Capisce?" I nearly roll my eyes at my personal assistant. She nervously began typing on her phone.

I look at my bodyguards and instruct them to tell my driver to start the vehicle. It's summer in the Philippines, and I won't sit in that limo without the air conditioner on.

They took all of the shopping bags along with them that I bought in my own mall. So they have no choice kung hindi iwan kami sa dami nang mga iyon. Oh yes, our malls and company were all named after me.

I looked about and took a closer look at our new branch while relishing the freedom of not being around those large guys.

Abruptly, I felt someone stomp on me and begin to yell. She's a little, slender girl. Or perhaps I'm simply too tall for her.

"Huy, Miss?! Can't you hear what I'm saying?!?! Yung starbucks ko! Bakit kailangan diyan kayo nakatayo sa gitna ng mall ha?"

"Ma'am Faye, bili nalang ulit tayo ng kape. 'Wag dito...madaming tao." It wasn't until the guy started talking and looking around that I realized she was with him, and that's when I noticed that everyone had stopped what they were doing to observe and record the chaos this girl was creating.

I noticed she was carrying an empty starbucks cup when I turned to face them, and I noticed a stain on my Givenchy Cutout Ruffled Plissé Organza-trimmed Velvet Mini Dress. It's only a tiny stain. Her entire cup of coffee spilled onto the ground. In the tiles of my mall.

I give a sigh, flash a smile, and then gaze back at her. Oh, that sweet, innocent smile. She cut me off before I could say anything more. "I'm sorry i didn't—"

"Jusko ha! Ang aga aga! Who do you think you are ba? Dito pa talaga kayo tumambay ng friend mong yan? Sa gitna? Kilala mo ba ako?" she laughed hysterically.

I was dumbfounded for a moment, but my pleasant smile remained. Friend mong yan? Is she thinking of Gracie as my friend? Then I remember Gracie's carrying my Chanel purse and mink fur coat.

"No, i don't know you. However, I can be sure that my Personal Assistant will let me know who we are speaking with here. In order for us to all go about our day, may I just get you coffee again?" i smile even more.

With her arms folded in front of her, she rolled her eyes. "'Personal Assistant' my ass!"

The guy with her dragged her away from us before I could even respond. My PA came over to check on me right away to see whether I was wounded. She looked at the stain on my clothing and gasped. "Miss Serenity, y-yung damit niyo po."

"I know, Gracie. Call Mr. Albert please."

That was unreal, yet... thrilling.

Gracie answered uncomfortably, "Y-yes po Miss."

Alyanna laughs, unimpressed, "WHAT? So you just let her get away with it? That's unusual. That's. Not. You."

Lilianna, Alyanna's twin sister, remarked, "Well... maybe S slapped her or talked to her bodyguards to kidnap and torture her?"

"Gosh. No, I won't stoop that low. That's her level," I muttered, looking at myself in the mirror of this fancy salon.

It's Saturday afternoon, and it's Salon and Spa Day. For us.

"But I contacted Mr. Albert," I smiled.

Lilianna exclaimed, practically leaping from her seat, "What? No way!" As though I had committed a horrible crime. However, I haven't even begun yet.

It's manicure and pedicure time. But the twins are still not over our chat from an hour ago. I still haven't told them fully about my plans. But Ally is ecstatic, and Lily looks like she'd be heading to prison for a crime she did not commit.

I was just reading a magazine and letting them do the chatting, but their conversation diverted, which piqued my interest. It even took my breath away.

"When do you think Kuya will arrive?" Lilianna asked innocently.

"I-uhm... Siri?" Alyanna called me, nervously.

I pretend I simply overheard them. When I glance at them, all of their attention is focused on me.

"Kuya's coming home..." Lily muttered, terrified.

I blinked three times before responding, "That's good to hear." Doing my best not to appear terrified and happy at the same time.

They were ready to continue talking to me about it when one of my bff, Kyle or Kylie, arrived.

"Ahh, the golden trio." He began pecking each of our cheeks. He asked, "Hmm Soo, what's the tea?" as he sat down next to me and set down his crossbody LV bag.

I grinned and let the twins to tell him the entire story. I never really pay attention. Lumilipad ang isip ko. Is he really coming back?

After hearing the entire story, Kylie laughed while shedding tears. "Wait, what's her look? The girl?"

"She's petite, maybe five feet five. You must know her, since you're the only one who hasn't really left Philippines." Now that i think of it, i remember Kylie here knows every chikas everywhere. For sure may masasagap ako dito.

"Wth??!" We are all shocked, as Kylie did when he bolted out of her seat. Pati staff, nagma-mani-pedi sa amin ay nagulat.

"Faye? Faye Alvaro? Girl, she has a lot of problems," he added, returning to his seat. "Ito ba?" He asked, showing me his phone with Faye's photo on it. Tumango ako and smirked.

"Huy girl! I know that smile. Naku dangerous!" Kylie said with a smile.

"Do you know her? Who is she?" Alyanna said intrigued.

Her twin, on the other hand, is simply staring at us. Nag-aalalala. Not for me. Of course.

"Hmmm she has so many troubles, scandals. Kahit bagong artista palang. Last year, before you girls came home, nabalita na she's having an affair. Sa Governor ng Province nila! Pero walang evidences so hindi nakasuhan at nagustuhan din yata ng management niya for publicity."

"Good or bad publicity, is still publicity." Lily said while flipping the magazine she's holding.

"So ito na nga... last month may issue na naman 'yan. Kinasuhan niya at pinahiya yung isang staff sa set nila na nagnakaw daw ng jewelry niya. But then, nahanap na-misplaced niya lang pala. Tapos nag public apology pinuntahan si ate girl na pinahiya tapos nag video, pinost, okay na daw sila." umiling-iling na sabi ni Kylie. "Again walang kaso, hindi na-cancel si ante mo kasi nalusutan. Bali-balita nga na tinutulungan siya ng Gov. niya na yun sa lahat ng issues at works niya."

"That's ew." Ally said disgusted.

I grinned. "Hmm... walang evidences."

Napahinto silang lahat sa paguusap at tumitig sa akin.

"You said you wouldn't stoop to her level, S. So why did you call your private investigator?" Lily said, her voice filled with worry.

Napatakip ng bibig si Kylie. "You called Mr. Albert?" he asked, almost smiling.

I smile even more.

"Exciting, isn't it?" Ally murmured, fidgeting in her seat. Looking at her newly manicured nails. "She always gets away with her issues, but I doubt she will this time," she says, smirking at me.

I can see everyone's reactions in the mirror in front of us.

Kylie exclaimed, "Oh my God! Welcome back, Queen S."