Heart to Heart.

"Little Taiga." Shagrat had called her from the kitchen window. She dropped the cloth she was using to clean the tables. The Den had closed five minutes ago and she was in hurry knowing Kaail would be awaiting for her.

"Yes Shagrat..." She stopped at the kitchen threshold.

"Shagrat is curious and worried. Is little Taiga involved with Yautja?" He approached her crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well... Kinda." She fidget a little with her hands behind her back.

"Little Taiga is to small for Yautja. Little Taiga could get hurt. Shagrat doesn't want little Taiga to get hurted."

She felt herself growing warm from both embarrassment and gratitude. "You don't have to worry about Him. He has being patient and kind."

The Orc exhaled loudly. " Little Taiga need to be careful. Promise Shagrat little Taiga will be careful with yautja."

"You have my word Shagrat." She smiled at him genuinely.

"Yautja is the reason little Taiga is leaving us?" He asked sounding sad.

"No.... He isn't." She was quick to clarify.

"Is Little Taiga sad with us?" He looked so worried.

"Of course not!" She dared a couple of steps inside his territory and held his hand. "To be honest, leave The Den is the most difficult decision I have made." She looked up in his eyes, "I have battles of my own to face. And in order to do so, I need to leave. Do you understand it?"

"Little Taiga is strong. Shagrat know little Taiga will conquer any foe daring to step on her way." He gave a gentle squeeze on her hand." Shagrat wish to be happy for little Taiga, but Shagrat is sad."

"It is okay. I am sad too." She squeezed his hand back. " Shagrat can I ask you something?" The Orc nodded his head. "Why do keep delaying talking with Avien? We all know you like her."

The Orc chuckled. "Shagrat is happy with just being close to her. Avien is to beautiful. Avien will reject Shagrat."

"You don't know that." she offered smiling. " You have taught me to face my battles up front. Follow your own advice. If she rejects you, it will be her loss." She spoke determined.

"Little Taiga is right. Shagrat will stop being a coward."

"I have to finish my tables. Thank for looking after me. Really." She bowed respectfully and left back to cleaning tables.

It amused Taiga to see the Orc, orbiting around Avien. Sara revealed that Shagrat took the job purely because of Avien, dubbing it "love at first sight." Taiga grinned at the memory of the intimidating Orc's comical short circuits whenever Avien was near – stammering, forgetting English, and even turning clumsy in the presence of the bartender.

Taking a deep breath she stepped outside looking from side to side. For a moment the cold hands of disappointment threatened to take a hold on heart, but was cast away by the crackling of energy as Kaail's cloaked form became visible in front of her.

"Derrick let me borrow the translator. You don't have to use those creepy recordings!" She smiled at him.

"You have a weird name." Kaail broke the comfortable silence of their walk.

"Oh... You heard that..." She was annoyed again."Please Kaail. I really do prefer to be called Taiga."

"Why is that?" He questioned genuinely curious.

"Well... It's way cooler than Mary Ann..." She giggled "And besides that, l don't like the memories attached to that name."

"Who named you Taiga?" He inquired.

This question brought forth a wave of nostalgia. "I have always been small. Ever the smallest. And I used to bullied a lot because of it. Gerome, my best friend, he lived in the same street as me and his mother kinda took me in. I didn't had a very easy childhood..." She laughed sadly. "Anyway, she used to say I had way to much energy for my size. And when Gerome started to teach me how to Parkour, she began to call me little Tigres. Gerome, being the asshole he is decided it was a really strong name for someone my size. So he changed it to Taiga." She was laughing at the memories.

Kaail hummed. " Oomans costumes are weird. But I can respect your choice of name. Taiga."

With that she was glowing. The sound of her beloved nickname on his voice made her heart skip a few beats. "I appreciate that."  She noticed that he was guiding her to a different path. "Kaail ... The bus stop is that way..." She pointed to the opposite direction.

He raised his arm, tipping something on his wrist device. "No bus for you today," his words echoed. Suddenly, an enormous spaceship materialized, hovering above the street. In a surprising move, Kaail effortlessly scooped her up, leaping from one building to another before propelling himself onto the open ramp of the spaceship.

Taiga felt a bit stunned as Kaail carried her through the ship's hallway. The metallic walls were adorned with thousands of symbols, each emitting a red glow. Despite Kaail's strides, not a single sound resonated on the metallic floor beneath them.

She blushed profusely when he took a sit, adjusting her on his lap. Taiga heart was beating uncontrollably in her chest. Aiming to calm herself she casted a glance around, they were in some sort of cockpit, seated at a very opulent pilot chair. In front of them the windows showed the dawning sky and it's fantastic colors. Siting in his lap, she was overwhelmed by him. His warmth, his smell, the barely there rise and fall off his breathing and once again, Taiga felt at peace. She felt like she belonged there. Her body, tired from the erratic night, relaxed and she rested her head on his chest breathing in his amazing scent.

"This is nice." She whispered without thinking.

Kaail in turn just exhaled as if relieved managing a growly hum. When she nestled deeper in his arms, he started to purr enlacing one arm protectively around her.

-----------------------------------------------------------

There we go... A little bit of cuteness for y'all ❤️

Vote
Comment
Have fun

😶‍🌫️😸