15- Blood and Water

Stella thought about the plan over a million times in her head, and each time, she doubted it.

    Maybe it was because it wasn't much of a plan. "Leave five minutes after the lights come on, somehow break the door down, meet each other right outside of the cafeteria, walk slowly down the hallways following my lead, and kill anyone who steps into our way silently, when we get to the doors just run out and don't turn back, not for anyone."

    Don't turn back, not for anyone.

   Stella wondered if he meant it, would he leave Ash?

    I wouldn't turn my back on him, or any of us.

    Stella thought as she glanced towards everyone in her room, finally looking back down at the sleeping girl beside her. She pulled the blanket out from under her and pulled it over Angel.

    Stella climbed her way out of the bed, she slowly and quietly stepped towards the door.

     "You think you're ready?" A voice called from the ceiling, she looked up and saw the girl from before standing upside down off the roof, smiling down at her.

      "Will I ever be?" Stella slowly looked down, "What if I mess up... And let them down?" Stella flinched slightly when a hand touched her shoulder. Stella slowly turned around, she was taken aback when she saw Cherri's familiar face.

    "You've got this, Stella." She smiled, brushing Stella's hair behind her ear. "You could never disappoint them." The girl shifted into a different person and slowly morphed into a short boy. "They don't even really know you, right?"

     Stella stared with wide eyes, "Yv?" Stella's lip quivered, and she quickly wrapped her arms around the boy. "Yv..."

    "You have good friends, Stella." A different voice said, Stella slowly pulled herself away and was met with the girl with red eyes again, she had finally realized that one of her eyes was black. "If you do it for them... You'll be fine." The girl smirked, "Or maybe you'll fail. Hm." She shrugged and then disappeared as she turned around.

    Well, that was... Confusing.

    "Hey, how's it uh, been." Phoenix's voice picked up behind her, she turned towards her, her eyebrows furrowed.

    "How'd you think?" Stella asked, Phoenix frowned, she glanced away before opening her mouth.

    "Look, I'm sorry if I've been... Rude, lately." Stella hummed and crossed her arms. "I've just... I didn't mean... It's not been easy.. Being in this place."

    "You can say that again."

    "What I mean is, my head is so... Clouded." Phoenix wouldn't meet eyes with Stella, that's the first thing she noticed."It's so easy to just say whatever without thinking first, you know?"

    "Sure." You could say she was acting cruel, that she wasn't understanding. She got it, she can understand how easy it is to be mean. There isn't much effort put into being a dick, especially if you have unresolved feelings towards someone.

    She was still an asshole to me, I've never done anything.

    "I can see why you're not forgiving, but it's been hard for me without Yv." Phoenix sighed, she finally met Stella's narrowed eyes. "He was the only thing that kept me... Sane. Even if I didn't show it... I've never been one to easily show my emotions."

     Stella slowly dropped her arms to her side.

    How did you and my sister not last? You're the same!