Psychotic, but I must say, Iconic.

Rayyan

Afters two days of freezing cold, God had mercy on Lahore and this evening wasn't as bad. I kept scrolling through emails on my laptop when Natalia Phupho came to the terrace, tucking her short hair behind her ear and rummaging through her handbag. She had told me earlier that she had to go over to a friend's house.

"Oh Sylvia, bare dinon baad ayi ho kahan thi?" She said suddenly.

I looked behind in confusion to see a black cat sitting on the terrace wall.

"you talk to her as if she can reply." I chucked,

To which she smilingly shook her head and replied,

"Maliha ki billi hai na, of course I will. We get along really well," she said and before turning to go back for some reason she felt the need to tell, "she's named after Sylvia Plath." An amused smile on her face.

Of course she had a Bombay cat named after Sylvia Plath. So freaking Maliha of her.

I uncomfortably shifted in my chair as Sylvia stared me down.

She's intimidating like her owner.

I offered her a biscuit in the spirit of good, and put it down after she contined to glare at me. I moved my attention back to my laptop shaking my head, when she jumped down, strutted her way to the table, ate a few of my biscuits very confidently and went back to where she came from.

Bribery biscuits work.

.....

I had been switching tv channels for an hour now absentmindedly when I heard some quick steps and surprisingly it was Maya, which made me realize my father told me to lock the doors.

"Is Natalia phupho at home?" she questioned wringing her duppata nervously.

"No she's not, everything alright?" , I sat up straighter and she shook her head.

"I think our cat ate something she's allergic to, it can get really bad, abu ghar nahi hain, we thought we'd take Natalia Phupho's car to take her to the vet," she pretended to keep her cool but was visibly afraid.

Okay. God, it's me again.

I instantly stood up, putting a nice mandatory show of gallantry, hoping the fear doesn't show on my face and told her I'd take them.

She practically ran back to her house to tell her Maliha api.