Saturday, September 11

AHHHHHHHH! (that was me screaming) I had the craziest day ever. My heart is on an emotional rollercoaster. So, today we just moved from Vietnam to America, and let me tell you, I had to study YEARS of English in advance. Although I might have good grammar on paper, I still have a VERY strong accent. My immigrant parents need to find a job that pays well, that's why we moved to America, the land of "freedom." I'll have my first day of American school on Monday, I'd say we moved just in time before school starts. 

You might be asking, where is the crazy part of your day? Well, a random 5th grade boy named Calvin, keeps following me around the airport, and NO his parents did NOT book a seat in the same flight I'm going to. I was going to Texas and that family was going to New York, so when he followed me, his parents were worried about him.  He unknowingly sat in my dad aisle seat, man, they argued for a WHILE until the crew finally takes Calvin off the plane to go search for his parents. If you thought that was crazy enough, my little sister is COO-COO! THE EXACT SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO CALVIN, HAPPENED TO HER.

So my little sister, Baylee, was in some place I don't know after Calvin left, and no, not in the plane's restroom. She kept following Calvin's older sister around, and we couldn't find her. As soon as Baylee finally came back with Calvin's sister beside her (which his sister might be frustrated, but laughs it off.) Mom scolded Baylee very loudly in Vietnamese, I apologized to the family, they were NOT willing to accept it.

For the ENTIRE flight, Baylee was VERY energetic. I couldn't sleep with her right next to me. She kept asking for snacks, by then, I was getting annoyed, so I told her she didn't have to ask. First of all, I'm jet lagged because I'm not used to a CDT time zone. Second of all, Baylee's munching was getting out of control. Did I mention that I had ANOTHER sister named Haylee? (and so much more siblings.) She's only 10 months older than me, but she treats me like her servant. I have to do ALL her homework, even though it's her's, while SHE "studies" at the "library." (All she really does is hang out with her friends.) And, she's extremely jealous of me. Vietnamese people are usually short, BUT my dad is somewhat Cambodian. All of my siblings look just like my mom, while I'M the female version of dad. At family gatherings, people assume that I'm the oldest, even though I'm NOT. I have THREE siblings that are older than me, once they found out I'm the 4th child, they immediately told my older siblings to get taller. My two older brothers are fine, they truly care about me, and they tell me that I'm valued, special, and one of a kind. But Haylee on the other hand, HATES MY GUTS.

I've tried to be nice to Haylee. I've tried to serve her breakfast in bed. I've tried to tell her that I love her no matter what. Trust me, I'VE TRIED. She's just BITTER.