CONSOLATION

When I was sitting in the dark,
Crying the pain and miseries out,
I yearned for a shoulder,
And a person who could help me out.

I heard the raindrops, soothing Mother Earth, with her cool water drops. The drizzling rain's sound was ripping through the grave silence of the room. I was sitting in a corner, with my face buried in my arms. Fresh tears rolled down my cheeks, burning the flesh. I cried my heart out. For some reason, I felt the uncontrollable urge to cry. At that specific time, all that I craved for , is a person, who could wipe my tears and soothe my soul. A person, who could lend me his/her shoulder and let me cry. Oh that, how I wished to let my tears out in someone's arms.

It closed my eyes, tight with pain,
The walls of my heart, throbbed in agony,
I craved for a chest, where I could cry,
Clouds outside rained, coinciding with my pain.

I allowed darkness to cover my vision. I was tired of crying. Pain engulfed its roots around my heart. In the dimly lit room, I curled into my self, my hands clutching my chest as if trying to contain the pain radiating from within. Tears welled up behind my tightly closed eyelids, threatening to spill over at any moment. The walls of my heart seemed to pulsate with agony, each beat echoing the ache I felt deep within my soul.

Outside, the sky mirrored my turmoil, dark clouds rolling in with an ominous presence. The sound of raindrops tapping against the windowpane provided a backdrop to my silent suffering.
I longed for solace, for a comforting embrace to melt away the anguish that consumed my. I yearned for someone who could understand the depth of my pain, someone I could confide in without fear of judgment or rejection.

Memories flooded my mind, memories of happier times now tainted by the harsh reality of loss and heartache. I had never felt so alone, so utterly abandoned by the world around me.

As the tears finally broke free from their confines, I allowed myself to surrender to the storm raging within me. Each sob wracked my body, releasing the pent-up emotions that threatened to suffocate me.

I felt a warm, rough hand on my shoulders,
Soothing me coolly, letting me cry,
Caressing my hairs, sitting beside me,
I looked up to see him, my tears went dry.

As my tears streamed down my cheeks, a familiar touch landed gently on my shoulder, offering warmth and solace. I looked up through my tear-filled eyes to see him, my love, sitting beside me.

His presence was like a soothing balm to my wounded soul, easing the pain that threatened to overwhelm me. Without a word, he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close in a comforting embrace.

Feeling the roughness of his hand against my skin, I found myself drawn to the familiarity of his touch. His fingers ran through my hair, their gentle caress sending shivers down my spine. In that moment, I felt safe and protected, cocooned in his embrace.

We sat in silence for a while, the only sound the steady rhythm of raindrops against the window. I allowed myself to lean into his  embrace, seeking solace in his quiet strength.

As my tears began to subside, I felt a wave of gratitude wash over me for his unwavering support. Despite the distance that had grown between us, he had always been there for me when I needed him most.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, my voice barely audible above the sound of the rain. "I didn't mean to fall apart like this."

He shook his head, his eyes filled with understanding. "You don't have to apologize," he replied softly. "We all have moments when we need to let ourselves feel."