Free the bison, and the encounter

And here we are with another chapter, enjoy my dear viewers!

...

Normal pov

"...Appa."

Appa had growled when he saw  them, especially at Jet since he recognized him a few months back, and Sakura couldn't blame him. She knows that he was scared, and she couldn't imagine what he went through after he was separated from Aang. Taking a deep breath, she slowly walked towards him, stopping when he gave a warning growl at he to not come any closer to him. Sakura was about to take off her mask when they heard a noise behind them, making Zuko and Jet spin around and readied there weapons, and Zuko spoke.

"Who's there!?"

It was only for a few seconds, and a figure had stepped through the door, revealing it was Iroh, making Jet and Zuko lower their weapons in surprise. Sakura only sighed as Iroh begin to wonder sarcastically who the Blue Spirit and the mysterious White Bunny was. She took off her mask, as well did Zuko, and looked at Appa as he stared at her, and before Zuko could ask a question, she spoke first.

"It's okay Appa, I know you are scared, and I know you don't like these people that are with me due do to some... personal issues, but I do promise you, we're here to rescue you Appa, and take you back to Aang."

Appa had lit up after hearing Aang's name, and began to relax enough for Sakura to approach him before placing her hands gently on his nose. Appa purred a bit as he let Sakura pet him, and closed his eyes as she placed her head just above his nose. Zuko, Jet and Iroh only stared as Sakura comforted the bison, none of them finding the heart to interrupt them.

"You poor thing, I can tell you had been through so much, lost, hungry, scared and very tired, isn't thay right boy?"

Appa gave a small growl in response and gave a little nudge, making Sakura smile and look up at him to show that he will no longer suffer anymore. Iroh coughed to gain everyone's attention, and spoke up.

"I don't mean to interrupt this lovely moment Sakura, but what are we going to do actually now that we find him? Well nephew, are we going to gave him to the avatar?"

"... I... well... umm..."

"Well? Or maybe we are going to keep him in our new teashop. Do you think it will be nice to serve him tea?"

"Mr. Kakashi, didn't Sakura say we are going to give Appa to Aang? What's going on here?"

"... Nothing Jet, Sakura is right, we are returning the avatar his bison."

' And besides, I don't want to fight Sakura over this, plus uncle will probably yell at me that I never think things through.'

Zuko walked towards Sakura and Appa, and sliced off the first chain of the bison's one foot, and Sakura had lit up at his action, and decides to help Zuko out as she metal bend the other chains while hwr boyfriend slashed through thr remaining chains. Iroh could only stare in surprise at Zuko's action, he was expecting Zuko to snap back, even yelling, but not just agreeing to free the bison, and Jet only stare. Appa gave a happy growl as he was finally free, and gave Sakura a big lick, making her shiver in disgust as his drool was sliding down his body.

"Eeewww... hehehe glad you are happy Appa. Now get out of here, find Aang and reunite."

Appa gave a grunt, bending his head down as Sakura quickly tied something to his horn, and immediately flew up, speeding up so he can bust through the ceiling, and when he did Sakura grabbed Zuko by the hand and ran out of the room as the room started to fall apart, Iroh and Jet right after them. They had continued to run though just then they came to the door and opened it before running inside, but then they stopped as they encountered a man. He wore a green robe, had a mustache and a long braided hair, and said man had looked surprised and confused.

"... Odd, I was expecting the avatar to arrive... who are you four and how did you get in here? Wait... the pink hair girl I do know, you're Sakura Beifong, that blind earth bender's sister, ah so my Dai Li agents had failed to retrieve you."

"... Who are you? Why using me to get to my sister and her friends?"

" Pardon my manners, my name is Long Fang, and I am in charge of this city. I make sure everything is in order, but your little sister and her friends are causing chaos in this city. Using you and that bison would keep them in place."

Sakura had glared at him, along with Zuko who stepped forward and stood next to her, not wanting this freak to lay a finger on her. But then she just smirked, and begin to chuckle amusingly that had made Long Fang arch in eyebrow in confusion.

"What's so funny?"

"Pffft, oh do you honestly believe that your silly plan is going to work? Do tell, how you plan to succeed, if you don't even have the bison anymore?"

"... What?"

"That's right, whatever your plans was that involve the avatar, is in shambles, and Sakura is no easy pray, heck with you skills she can easily take you down."

"... We'll see about that."

...

"Watch out!"

Is all what Jet heard before he was tackled to the ground, crashing hard that nearly knocked the wind out of him. He gasped for air and looked to see who saved him from Long Fang's earth bending, to see it was Zuko who saved him. Sakura uses this chance to send her kunais at Long Fang, and he barely dodged them, only getting his face scratched and bleeding a bit, making him retreat from the battle. Once the guy escaped, she quickly rushed to Jet and Zuko, worried that they had both gotten hurt.

"Are you guys okay?"

"... Yeah... thanks to Lee I am not hurt..."

"I only twisted my ankle a bit, won't be able to walk for a bit, but further I am okay."

"Let me see."

Zuko sat up as Sakura took his foot and removed his shoes, and saw he had indeed twisted his ankle by the way it looked. It was blue and a bit swollen, and when she touched it, Zuko hissed a bit at the pain. She apologized and began to heal it, her hand glowing green, and Zuko's ankle had turned back to its normal color. Jet only stared, though a million thoughts had flew through his head, he didn't know how to react.

"... You saved me... why?"

"... What kind of question is that? Just because I am a firebender doesn't mean I am a bad person. Even if you're an enemy or not, I refused to let them die, not in front of me."

Jet only stayed quiet, not saying any further as he helped Zuko up to his feet, and Sakura had instructed him to wiggle his foot to check if it was okay. Once she was satisfied, Sakura gave Zuko his shoe back so that he can put it back on.

"Come on guys, let's get out of here."

They all nodded their heads in agreement, and they all made their way out of the underground lake, and was greeted by light. Sakura took a deep breath, smiling as the sun gloom over her face.

"Never thought I missed the sun this much, we weren't even under the ground for that long."

"Yeah, I can agree, we firebenders don't really like underground much."

"..."

"...You okay Jet?"

"I'm fine, just... ugh nevermind, I got to go, I'll see you guys when the new tea shop will open. I have some things to do. See ya."

With that Jet walked away, leaving the three alone as they only stared at him, but then Iroh turned his attention to Zuko as he spoke to him. Zuko only looked at his mask, but then he threw it in the lake, letting it sink into the water. Then they looked at Sakura, and she gave them a look and she spoke.

"I'm keeping my mask thank you very much, I might need it when in the future."

"... Okay your choice."

Sakura smiled and hooked her arms around Zuko's one arm, and rested her head on his shoulder, and it made Zuko smile and rested his head on hers. Iroh was smiling as well, happy to see his nephew being happy, though he knows they can't stay here long, so he spoke up.

"Come on you two, let's go home."

...

And done, I hope you all enjoyed it, until next time!