Welcome to Hogwarts

A voice rang throughout the train. "We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes' time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to school separately."

You took a chocolate frog and a few other sweets in your pocket as the train came to a stop. You stood up, Draco next to you, and made your way out of the compartment. When you got out of the compartment you made your way to the train exit.

When you had gotten off of the train you felt like you were going to be trampled over until Draco had grabbed your arm to help you through. The cold air felt refreshing on your skin.

A low voice seemed to cut through the commotion. "Firs' years! Firs' years over here!" Your attention directed toward a tall man with a hairy face. "C'mon, follow me — any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs' years follow me!"

You were still next to Draco, Crabbe and Goyle behind you. Almost slipping trying to follow the man down the steep, narrow path Draco steadied you before calling you clumsy under his breath. It was dark everywhere you looked. Nobody said a word, the occasional sniff or cough from a few people.

"Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," the man said as he looked over his shoulder, "jus' round this bend here."

There were sounds of astonishment and admiration from a few others. The path has opened onto the edge of a large black lake. In the distance you could see a beautiful castle with multiple towers, windows and turrets on a mountain.

"No more'n four to a boat!" The man called out while pointing to a fleet of boats in the water. You and the boys seemed to have the same idea as you looked at each other and made your way to a boat.

"Everyone in?" The man shouted in a boat alone. In response he got numerous nods and a few verbal confirmations. "Right then — FORWARD!"

The boats seemed to move on their own all at once. You couldn't help but smile at the view and the feeling of gliding. Everyone was speechless as they stared at the castle above.

"Heads down!" You all bent your heads as you were taken through a hidden opening in the cliff face into a dark tunnel.

You overhear a conversation between two people about a toad as Goyle helped you off the boat to follow your guide. You all walked through a passageway to end up in the damp grass in the castle's shadow.

You were led through a huge oak door after going up a flight of stone steps. You were embarrassed to say how tired you were. "Everyone here? You there, still got yer toad?"

The man then raised his fist and knocked three times on the castle door.

The door swung open right after. A black haired lady in the most elegant emerald green robes you had seen stood in front of you. She had a very serious face that seemed to say she was not to be messed with.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall." the giant said.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here."

The realization hits you at once. So that was the man Draco told the infamous Harry Potter not to hang around with. He didn't seem that bad to you. 'Maybe I'm missing something. Is that the person Draco was talking about?' you think.

You're brought to attention when she opens the door. The hall was huge and was decorated with flaming torches. The roof seemed to go on forever and you take note of the marble staircase facing you that led to the upper floors.

You followed the lady and felt overwhelmed as the muffled voices of hundreds of people could be heard. She leads you all to a small room away from the hall. With how close you are to everyone else you start feeling claustrophobic.