5

After Seokjin and Taemin's heartfelt conversation and passionate few kisses, they finally set off on their work excursion to the penthouse to discuss potential structural ideas and problems that are present with their proposed layout. Although Seokjin was very much involved in the actual structural design of the building, he understood Taemin's decorative style very well which persuaded him to modify his blueprints to ensure their ideas worked cohesively rather than clash.

During a detailed meeting with Mr. Kwon, the experienced manager of the construction team, Seokjin made a thoughtful decision to completely knock out the wall that stood between the entryway and the expansive open floor plan main room of the luxurious penthouse. This strategic move would not only add more space and light to the living area but also enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of the penthouse. It was unusual for a penthouse to have a partition wall positioned there which is why he wanted to work with it and keep half the wall for an upscale structural look, however, he knows that Taemin's main focus in culminating house decor is the entryway as it is the first thing you see when you walk into a home - in other words, your first impression. Keeping the wall would hinder the development of his vision, so Seokjin settled on the wall being knocked out, however, to add low hanging arches to keep the illusion of a wall partition between the two communal hubs of the penthouse. It was one of the many reasons why those in the luxury market used Seokjin and Taemin for new builds as from the start, they can mould a project in their perfect image. Houses and apartments they collaborated on often were on the market for 1.5₩ billion.

"To do the arch, we'll have to order the materials but it can done by tomorrow evening." Mr Kwon said.

Seokjin nodded along to his words. "And even with this slight change, we're still on schedule? We must be - it was the buyers only contingency."

"Yeah - don't worry. Everything is on track we're set to finish a week earlier than scheduled. So, in about two weeks we should be done."

Taemin nudged Seokjin slightly, beaming at him as Seokjin smiled back the hand slightly drifting to Taemin's to brush it encouragingly.

"Thank you for your hard work," Seokjin spoke as he slightly bowed to Mr Kwon.

Seokjin smiled as he wrapped up his conversation with the construction manager; it had gone better than before could've hoped it would, and he was able to get back to his team leader with good news regarding the early completion of the construction work which would allow Taemin to begin the interior design process.

Seokjin and Taemin had just finished their conversation with Mr Kwon when they heard voices getting closer. They turned around and saw that the lift had landed and the doors were opening. They were confused because they weren't expecting anyone else to arrive that day. They had made it clear that visitors had to be approved by them first. To their surprise, it was the buyer himself who had arrived.

"-to show you the proposed layout of the structural architecture and the interior designer. They're the best in the game." They heard the buyer, Eric Nam, say.

"Hold on- that laugh sounds familiar..." Seokjin spoke up as he walked closer to the elevator doors.

Without warning, he turned a corner and came face to face with Eric. However, to his surprise, he wasn't alone. Standing beside him were two other individuals he knew all too well, but never expected to see together so soon. The sudden encounter caught him off guard, leaving him wondering about their presence and intentions.

"Jin," Namjoon called out from behind the buyer, his eyebrows raised with slightly widened eyes at the sight of his ex-husband as the smile that was once on his face fell.

Seokjin's breath hitched as his eyes immediately went to Namjoon's hand which was intertwined with his girlfriend's, Kiyeon. He looked up and met with Kiyeon's eyes which almost seemed to be pleading with him. For what? Well, that was up to the universe.