Chapter 14

" Amelia, my beautiful granddaughter; you have grown up so much. When was the last time I saw you? Five or six years? I can't remember when but that's by the way ."
" That's right Gramps, where have you been? Each time we visit, granny tells us that you are at work and won't come home for a while but last I remembered, you retired 7 years ago or so I heard. We all attended the party."
" Hahaha.... Dear child, you ask a lot of questions, a lot of which I can't answer now."
" But why Gramps?! Why does everyone keep hiding things from me! Mom, dad, grandma and even you! "
" Amelia, you should understand that there are some things we adults do that we don't have control over. We want to keep you out because we don't want to rope you to what we do; once you are in, it's hard to come out, which is not what we want for you. We want you to have a better future where you can choose what you want to be not having some career put on your shoulders. It was the same for me and your dad though I honestly didn't want him to be there but that stubborn son of mine kept asking questions just like you are doing now and once he found out, he couldn't come out and now he.... Regrets it. I don't want you to be like that, rather I hope you grow up to do what you like not what you are forced to. Understand? "
"Yes.... Grandpa. I would like to join Marcus to ... ehn.... Pack the luggages! See you then "
" Hold on! You are leaving already! But we haven't even done anything at all "
" Sorry grandpa, we have school tomorrow and Mom is really crazy about us having a perfect attendance."
" That's my daughter-in-law for you. Though I can't say I'm happy to see you go so soon. Please try to visit again, alright?"
" No problem grandpa."
" Alright dear. Now off you go. "
" See you later grandpa."
".... Yeah; now go."
............
' I really hope she understands. I don't want her to turn out like me or my dad. '
«»«»«Now time to leave »«»«»«»«»
" Oh my babies! I can't believe that you both are leaving already."
" Come on honey, no need to act like that when you tormented them for the two days they were here."
" On the contrary grandpa, grandma was the best! She cooked my favorite and also baked her award-winning chocolate milk cookies for Marcus."
" Finnne ,you can yap all you want but I'm better, aren't I ?"
" Surrre Gramps, you were great."
" Wait! How come I'm great while your grandma is the best?"
" Fine! You both are the best. Now we've got to leave. Come on Marcus, Mom's outside."
" Ok."
" Wait! My daughter-in-law is here! Come kids let's go say hello to your mom."
" Oh! Ok grandma."
..........
" Hello Mrs Stone! How are you feeling!"
"oh come now Madeline, how many times have I told you that you can call me Mom and.. where you trying to to leave without saying hello."
" No ... Mom is just that I was kind of in a hurry."
" Oh , I see... You didn't want to talk to me..... Is it because of what happened last time when I blamed you for what happened to my son. I'm sorry so please can you forgive me."
" I'm not angry with you Mom but I was kind of in a hurry. Don't worry, I promise to visit you sometime. "
" You sure?"
" Very sure."
"Ok then, take care. Bye kids!"
" Bye grandma!"