Chapter 3: My Seductive Man

"That's right, everyone. I'm his real wife!"

The paparazzi go crazy. Everyone is howling questions at us while taking pictures, and Lisa happily obliges.

"Jackson wanted me, but I told him I wasn't interested. He wouldn't take no for an answer, so I finally gave in. He put a ring on my finger during a beautiful ceremony in Vegas."

Lisa shows her wedding ring to the paparazzi. I immediately notice how cheap it looks - more like a toy from a cereal box than a real wedding ring.

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘌𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘴, 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤.

My heart starts speeding up when I realize that I don't know what to do. Luckily, Jackson does.

"Everyone, calm down!" he yells and all eyes turn on him "Can't you see that this woman is lying through her teeth?"

"The only liar here is you, Jackson." Lisa snarls back. "You told me that I was the only woman for you!"

Her eyes well up with fake tears. Everyone starts taking pictures of her, and she gives me a wicked smile.

"That's ridiculous. I've never given her any ring."

"And what's this one then?" She puts her hand in front of him and shows him the wedding ring.

"Anyone can buy a ring at a thrift store." Jackson addresses the paparazzi.
"If I ever had any intention to marry this attention seeker don't you think I would have put a much bigger diamond ring on her finger?" He stops talking for a second and looks at me. "That's the kind of ring I got for my real wife."

I stiffen.

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵? 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨!

Unfortunately, Lisa seems to recognize what's going through my head.

"Oh, yeah? Let's see it then."

𝘚𝘩𝘪𝘵.

Jackson grabs me by the waist and pulls me close enough to whisper in my ear.

"Check your right pocket."

I stick my hand inside my pocket and feel something metal that wasn't there before. I take it and pull out a huge diamond ring, and the crowd gasps as I put it on my finger.

Lisa's ring now looks even more ridiculous when compared to mine, and she looks outright pissed about it.

"Hey, don't be sad." I begin saying. "If you sell your ring you might get a dollar for it."

Jackson chuckles beside me, and Lisa gives me a look that could kill.

"This isn't over. I'll get what's mine and expose your lying asses in a heartbeat!" She points her finger at us. "You're not married - you don't even live together. Just admit it before I take legal action and hire a lawyer!"

"You do that, Lisa." Jackson replies calmly. "And for the record, Naomi is moving in with me this Friday."

"This Friday, huh? And you chose to get married before moving in together?" She smirks. "I smell bullshit."

Jackson doesn't even flinch. "My home is under renovation - has been for the last couple of weeks. I've been staying in a hotel room this entire time. Once everything is finished, we'll move in together."

The media seems satisfied with his answer. They take a few more shots before they leave us with the scorned wife. Lisa gets in Jackson's face, rage evident in her eyes.