SYNOPSIS

"Oh darling all of the city lights, never shine as bright as your eyes"

ELENA SOLEIL-HUDSON always had a plan, she would graduate at the top of her class and get into the best college there is and take over her father's empire, but sometimes even she couldn't change fate. Senior year of high school her best friend Nancy Drew lost her mom, Kate Drew was like a mother to Elena because her's never bothered with her or even cared to know how she was doing, and only cared if she gained weight and to know what she was going to wear for a party so she doesn't embarrass the great Rhea Hudson and her reputation.

Kate was always there for her. She was at every one of Elena's dance recitals, the first day of middle school when her mother couldn't be there because she was too busy hosting tea parties. Elena loved Nancy and her family she spent almost all the holidays at the Drew House. She was considered an honorary Drew.

Kate's death really affected both Nancy and Elena even though Elena managed to pass out of high school as a valedictorian, she didn't have the heart to go to college because it was something she talked to Kate about a lot, but that wasn't acceptable behaviour according to her mother so she went to college but halfway through the semester she dropped out and the guilt of learning Nancy all alone was eating away at her so she came back home and instead spent her time with her bestfriend and also used the time to work on her interests, she knew she hadn't been the best person, but she was trying to change.

Sometimes she visited the claw to make sure Nancy was doing okay, the claw wasn't her favourite place, but she went there just so she could see a certain pot obsessed blonde, but that's besides the point. Elena promised Nancy a great summer, but boy, was she gonna swallow those words.

Everything started with the death of Tiffany Hudson, Elena wasn't close to Tiffany, but she liked her. She wasn't self-absorbed like the rest of her maternal relatives.

But what really shocked Elena was all the things she was going to face because she tagged along with Nancy on one of her wild goose chase like when they were kids. Ghosts? Brutal murders? Family secrets? It was definitely not something she was expecting.

But somewhere along the way she finds life long friendships, and Love, the kind of love that nips at your soul and bleeds you dry but you would bleed if it meant it could seal their wound.