Chapter 2

Hollister woke up the next morning. She looked at the clothes hung up in the closet. They were just light blue leaves. She could probably this up to make an outfit. She saw some scissors and used them to cut away at the leaves.

With the materials she had been given, Hollister had created a dress with a jacket, pants, and fingerless gloves. She slipped on a pair of boots with wool around the top.  them. She finished off with putting her hair up in a ponytail.

As Hollister walked out of her home, Icy approached. "Oh. Good morning, Hollister." She greeted. "I was just coming to show you around."

There was a knock on the door. Periwinkle opened it.

"Morning Icy." Hollister returned the greeting. "Sounds good. Let's go."

Hollister followed behind Icy as she showed her around the winter woods.

"As you have already seen, that's the Pixie Dust Tree." Icy explained. "Lord Milori's palace is part of the tree."

"What's that huge ice building, then?" Hollister asked.

"That's the frozen library." Icy explained. "That's where The Keeper lives."

"Who's The Keeper?" Hollister asked.

"He's a Scribe talent fairy and is knows everything about fairies." Icy explained. "He's the oldest fairy in all of Pixie Hollow."

They showed her where the glacier fairies work.

"What are those?" Hollister asked, pointing to different colored trees in the distance.

"Those are the other areas of Pixie Hollow. In addition to the Winter Woods, there's Spring Valley, Summer Glade, Autumn Forest, and the Pixie Hollow Tree in their areas." Icy explained. "That's where Queen Clarion lives. She's the ruler of all Pixie Hollow. Similar to Lord Milori, there are ministers for the other three seasons."

Hollister listened intently.

"Winter fairies are forbidden from crossing the border into the other areas." Icy added. "In addition, the fairies in those areas aren't allowed over here."

"Why not?" Hollister asked.

"We're obviously considered winter, while the other fairies are considered warm fairies." Icy replied. "Each fairy's wings are accustomed to the area they live in. We wouldn't survive being in the other areas and they wouldn't survive in the Winter Woods."

Hollister nodded.

"Certain fairies get to go to the Mainland to help change the seasons." Icy said. "You actually arrived at the perfect time. We're getting ready to bring winter to the Mainland."

"Cool." Hollister said.

The two headed to the Frost Forest.

"This is the Frost Forest." Icy said. "This is where we work."

"We share the forest with the Frost fairies, where they make frost." Spike said.

Hollister nodded. "Hi Icy." A girl greeted. She was with two other fairies. "Hey Peri. Spike. Gliss." Icy replied. "Is this our new snowflake  fairy?" Spike asked. "Yes, this is Hollister." Icy answered. "Hollister, this is Periwinkle, Spike, and Gliss. They're frost fairies." "It's nice to meet you guys." Hollister said. "You too, Hollister." Gliss said.

The rest of the day, Icy showed Hollister how to make snowflakes.