chapter 13

After the story, Aaryan was so curious.

''so, that means, the man who lived thirty years ago was a transgender. That man raped him when he was here, also he was pregnant after that. Unbelievable. Can it be happening brother?'' Aaryan asked by looking at his brother's face.

''actually, I can't say that it cannot be happening. Chances are near zero. Nut not exactly zero. Even if it is very rare, a transgender man can be pregnant from artificial insemination or by rape, if his gender related surgery is not complete at that time.'' he answered.

''but the only thing that I am unable to understand that why he identified me as another person?''

''probably it may be due to the depression Ranz. Don't worry about that'' Dhave said.

''can you remember that how that delivery man gives this box to you''

''yep. He called me from my name. I am still curious about that.''

''me too Ranz. But I think we have a way to find that delivery man. From him, we can find for whom this box and items are belonging to.''

''Aaryan was puzzled from Dhave's idea.

''but how can we find that? We don't know anything about the delivery man''

''there is something we missed.'' Dhave said by taking that big cardboard box in to his hands.

''can you see these numbers on the box. They are a kind of code that indicate the delivery man who has transport these items. This tradition was maintained by the Krisho delivery company. When we have this number with us, we can give this to that company and ask about the details.'' By showing a 11-number code on the right corner of the box, Dhave answered.

''But why they are using such a wired system?''

''it is quite old method that they are still using. Specially, if there are any damage happened to the items, customers can complain about the delivery to the company directly.''

''so, it means that we are going to the Krisho company to ask about the details of this order. Correct?''

''Exactly Aaryan, that is what we are going to do. Shall we go tomorrow? I am free''

''sure, that is good Dhave brother. I also will join''

''but Dhave, can we find the exact person from this method?'' Ranz asked with a little uncertainty.

''Actually, we can Ranz, Krisho company is the largest delivery company in Alabama. I know those type of large companies is usually maintaining their records on their employers. Usually, even if they are so old, they maintain such large databases for their future references''

'' That is good Dhave. I like to find more about Avyaan.''

After a discussion, they decided to go to the Krisho delivery company.

Manager looked at Dhave and Aaryan with a curious face. He again checked the number and with a puzzled face, looked at them.''

''sir, this number is so old. More than thirty years old. From where did you get this number?''

Dhave told the story about the order.

''who ordered that sir?'' he asked.

Again, the old manager looked at the computer screen.

''it was ordered by an Indian person. Mr. Avyaan Narayan Kurdhik. From Shanthi Niketan, Alabama. They are baby items and a doll.''

Aaryan looked at Dhave with a curious face.

''who delivered that? And when?''

''it was delivered by Edward Parker. Day before Christmas. Thirty years ago.''

''that is 1993?''

''correct sir. That is the exact time''

Dhave thought a bit, then he turned to the manager.

''sir, do you know something special about Edward or this order?''

With that question, man became silent for a while. Then he signs it by shaking his head.

''of course. This order was categorized under the missed items. Because at that day, Edward has been faced to an accident.''

That made Aaryan little curious.

''accident, which type of accident sir?''

''it is a car crash. Or, the police are saying like that. He is usually doing night shifts. That day also, Edward had a night shift for some urgent deliveries. So, at the night, he was hit by a car and because of that accident, his behavior was changed. He got mad.''

''how do you know such information sir?'' that question was from Dhave.

''I was there when Edward working as a delivery transporter. Even after he face to that accident, I have visited several times to see him.''

''can we meet him? We would like to talk with him''

''oh. I am really sorry sirs.'' The manager said by rubbing his beard.

''he died six months before. It was a sudden heart attack''

Aaryan looked at Dhave's face.

''now what are we going to do?''

Suddenly, Dhave turned to the manager.

''sir, do you know his family members.''

''yes'' as an answer, the man said. ''he had one sister. She was two years younger than him.''

''now, where is she?'' that was Dhave.

''currently she is in Washington memorial nursing home. It is just few kilometers from here. Sometimes I visit her''

''so, you two know each other's?''

''of course, sir. Edward was the one who took care of his sister. They were orphans. They had no parents. His sister is a heart patient and that is why she is in a nursing home. They had no permanent apartment even when Edward lived.''

''what is her name?''

''She is Nancy Parker'' Manager answered.

After collecting many information about Edward, they came out of the Krisho company and went to the car.

''Aaryan, shall we go to meet Nancy also? Will it be late if we go there?'' he asked.

''no Brother. We can go there. I said my brother that we may be late when come home again''

''that is really good!'' he said by sitting on his seat.

''we will go and meet her.'' Finally, he said.

After half an hour driving, they came to the Washington memorial nursing home. It was located in a beautiful with very low vehicle noise and away from the main road. Two large silver poplar trees were located in front of the nursing home. Also, the garden of the nursing home was beautiful with various types of local flowers such as buttercups, roses and tridax.