[172] INTER COLOR GAMES: DAY ONE (NIGHT)

•|•|•"Am I being mean to Alpha's little pet?"•|•|•

"WOULDN'T IT BE so cool if one of the artifacts just happened to be hidden right at our spot?" Omkara asked as we moved through the forest.

Every other hour, we were supposed to circle our territory just to make sure no outsiders were lurching.

I nodded at this. Whilst the excitement from that Hydra female that had appeared earlier this morning had given us a bit of action, I felt quite bored just waiting in these woods all because some Alpha told us that's all we should be doing.

These were inter-color games.

Games were the keyword.

We were supposed to be having fun, not wasting away in some forest. But that's exactly what we did until nightfall, the sun finally tucking away into a sheet of Night.

We were back on our rocks, sifting through a pack of playing cards that Omkara had brought. I know if Harvest was here, he would not be pleased to see us playing cards in the middle of the forest.

But it was all we could do to pass the time.

I was not at all ashamed to say I sucked at it, and Omkara was winning every round we played. After the 8th round, I was surprised he wasn't bored playing against the easiest opponent ever.

He grinned showing me his winning hand, "You make me look so good at this."

I playfully rolled my eyes.

To be honest, given my experience level, I could make anyone look like a pro if they were playing against me.

I was going to reshuffle the cards when Omkara stopped me, raising a hand.

"Wait... someone's coming," he paused, staring into the nothingness as if he had simply disappeared from this conversation.

He came back with a blink, sighing, as he rolled his eyes, "Alfred."

Before I could ask, Alfred Dorrens's voice broke through.

"Playing cards on a battlefield, why am I not surprised?"

I stared at the mountain of a boy moving towards us from the trees.

Whilst we have never had a decent conversation, I always had the feeling he didn't quite like me.

"I doubt this place saw any action," another voice replied, Naala moving from behind him.

Omkara turned slightly to look at the dual behind us, "what are you guys doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be looking for blind spots?"

"Duh..." Naala rolled her eyes, her gaze searching the area, "what do you think we've been doing all day?"

Omkara watched her for a moment, before turning away- "Well, we're just saving time till the next cycle takes the night shift," He hummed, "You're welcome to join us if you like."

Alfred moved toward us, grabbing the deck of cards he then proceeded to incinerate in front of us, using his fire powers.

I stared at the action in shock, whilst Omkara's jaw hardened.

"We're in a battlefield. Fucking act like it," Naala grunted, side glancing our way.

"I thought they were called intercooler- games. Not wars," Omkara quipped, "and I don't appreciate you burning my stuff," he huffed, glancing up at Albert.

Albert only smirked and Nala seemed to be doing the speaking.

"What do you think the Alpha's going to say when I tell him instead of being vigilant, I found you two playing cards in a forest. Highly unalert. You're hardly fit to be defenders of our cycle."