Chapter 20

Taehyung/Seoyun, Seojun [13] (moderate)

Seokjin/Taehyung, Jungkook (moderate)

It was a Tuesday morning and yet in the Kim's residence, the gaming room buzzed with the excitement of two young boys. The spacious gaming room featured sleek, contemporary design elements with clean lines and premium materials such as polished wood, marble, and metallic accents. The twins, Seojun and Seoyun were seated in the comfortable, ergonomic gaming chairs with their headphones on and controllers in hand, eyes glued to the gaming PC in front of them. The purple and red LED lights only add to the ambience of the room and enhances their immersive gaming experience as they excitedly chatter and yell among among their online teammates.

"Go left, left, left. He's right there. Careful!"

"I got it, I got it. Cover!"

"You totally blew it off dude, fuck you!" Yun yelled at one of their teammates.

"Now's not the good time to come out, brother." Jun teased.

This had been going on for about two weeks now. The boys would sneakily manage to stay at home without telling anyone and spend all their time gaming with their new online friends and chilling around the house. Two months ago they had finally convinced their parents to let them go to school on their own, without a driver. Their mom would be at work till evening and their dad had been busy lately from early morning to night, preparing for new album, fashion shows and other deals, giving them a perfect window of opportunity. Taehyung had in fact been in New York since last Thursday, which only meant more freedom for the boys. They had almost got caught by their mom, last Friday but, they cleverly managed to get out of the trouble with a simple lie of Jun being sick with stomach ache.

Today again, they were home alone and engrossed in their game, teasing each other and their friends but, unbeknownst to them, the front door had just opened to reveal their father, Taehyung. Taehyung sighed from the tiredness of a long journey and removed his shoes before slipping into his comfy slippers. He carelessly put down his luggage in the living room and drags himself to the kitchen to drink some water. He wasn't hungry at all, courtesy to a good breakfast on the plane and jet lag. However, when he started to make his way to his own room, he heard muffled voices of his boys. Realizing it to be coming from the gaming room, he curiously made his way to the room.

They should be at school though, he thinks to himself.

Taehyung opened the door to see the two boys gaming excitedly and a frown settles on his face, mostly fueled by curiosity because he isn't the type to jump to conclusions.

"What are you both doing here?" He asked, entering the room.

The boys froze at the voice. They hadn't even noticed the door being opened or heard their father come in. They could still hear their teammates laughing and talking, one of them was telling Yun to explore the warehouse for weapons but Yun couldn't bring himself to move a finger. Their hearts were caught in their throat as they nervously exchanged glances, silently communicating the impending trouble they were about to face.

"I asked you something. I know you heard me so turn around." Taehyung ordered.

That seemed to nudge them to exit the game and take off their headphones. They turn around to see Taehyung standing there with folded arms, a solemn expression on his face as he waited for an explanation. Jun swallowed nervously, he was never good at coming up with spontaneous excuses in front of Taehyung. Yun had sweaty palms too but among his siblings, he was the one who had best inherited the art of poker face. They get up anyway, a silent agreement between them to let Yun lead the conversation.