Awakening in a Living World

The thing you need to know before reading this chapter is that Rason does not know what genders are)

When I started to wake up, I started to sense something strange, something different. The world around me felt... alive? I could smell the lush scent of the earth. I could hear the wind as it gently blew and could feel its warm touch on my body. When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was not that black empty void nor that strange white void.

I saw a small clearing with numerous different plants growing and, surrounding the clearing, was a lush forest teeming with plants and creatures I did not know. I found myself nestled within a hollowed-out trunk of a colossal tree. It was warm, cozy, and felt like a safe haven. Looking up at the sky, I saw something amazing. I saw that it was filled with countless tiny glowing dots with a yellowish-white circle that gave off light.

As I was looking at the sky I noticed the strange color of the leaves. The color of the leaves were a whitish blue with a silver tint to them. I looked at the edge of the clearing and saw that all the other trees had leaves that were green. I also noticed that inside the clearing there was almost no life, but the forest all around the clearing was full of life.

I stood up, stretched and decided to explore this fascinating place with excitement. When I walked out of that hollow tree I smiled. After walking to the edge of the trees I turned around and looked back at the tree. The tree was even bigger than I originally thought. I could not even see the top of it.

After I was done looking at the tree I turned around and walked into the sea of trees. As I was walking I saw the trees were adorned with various hues, and the ground adorned with a mosaic of flowers and moss. I also heard creatures sing cheery tunes as if they were welcoming me into this place.

I wasn't able to walk very far into the forest before I stumbled upon a creature. The creature was small, furry, it had wings and eyes that twinkled. It cheerfully giggles and says "Hello visitor". I looked at the strange creature with a look of confusion, and before I could say anything It asked "My name is Luther what is yours?" I nervously say "M my name is Rason Wolf" as I take a step back.

Luther flies around me and asks "You are not from around here are you?" I shake my head no, then Luther flies close to me before asking with a curious tone "Are you from the other side of the forest?", and I say "No I'm not." It asks "If you are not from the other side of the forest then where are you from then?" I respond with "I I don't know where I'm from", I stop talking for a second before continuing by saying "The last thing I remember before waking here was being in a black void."

Luther asks "Where did you wake up?"  I turned my head and with my muzzle I pointed to the giant tree in the clearing and said "That big tree over there." Luther laughs a bit and asks, "Are you pulling my leg." When that was said I got confused, and I said "No I'm not pulling your leg I'm not even touching you." Luther sighs and said "I mean are you joking about waking up in that tree." I shake my head no and say "No I'm not" and I ask "Why do you think I am joking" Luther sighs again and says "Because it is said that a creature that is older then the world is asleep there and, it has been asleep since the creation of our world"