Goodbye

Zara leaned against the door frame watching her parents climb into a limo while the driver placed their bags in the trunk. Her parents were leaving on yet another business trip downtown. They had gone on so many trips all her life so she was used to it. They said it was something for politics but never went into details about their jobs. She never broke the tradition of waving goodbye to them though. She waved and smiled to her parents, as she had done many times before.

"We'll be back tomorrow evening." Her mother told her. "Maria has dinner for you." Maria was their live-in maid who had grown to be very close to the family. She always stayed by Zara's side when her parents left and was almost a second mother to Zara. Zara respected her greatly as she would a mother.

"I'll be fine mom. Don't worry." Zara assured her mother. "Can you bring me some of those candies again?" She asked. Every time her parents left, they always brought her something small. One time they brought a candy which she loved, but unfortunately had a bad reaction to it. Her mother laughed.

"You can't have those. Your face looks like a tomato. You Know you're allergic."

"But they are soo good." Zara whined with a smile on her face.

"We'll see." Her father said. She grinned. She knew her father would get her some. He was a push over when it came to his daughter. "Love you. We'll see you tomorrow."

"Love you too!" Zara waved. She watched until the limo left the street before stepping inside to the comfort of her home.

Hey! Sorry I know this is short. Please let me know what you think! I'll post the next part soon.