Chapter 1

The wind was blowing a dandelion towards the Winter Woods. A dust fairy poured pixie dust onto it and it turned into a girl.

"Hello?" The girl said, looking around at everyone around her.

An older gentleman slowly approaching her, not wanting to frighten her. She took a step back.

"Don't be afraid, young one." The gentleman said. "I'm not going to harm you."

The girl relaxed.

"Welcome to the Winter Woods. I'm Lord Milori. I look after this part of Pixie Hollows and the fairies that live here in the Winter Woods." Milori explained. "I'm sure it's a bit unnerving with all these fairies staring at you. Everyone's quite friendly and they're just here to welcome you."

The new fairy looked around again. There were a couple waves and soft smiles from the other fairies.

"May I help you with your wings?" Milori asked.

The girl nodded.

Milori gently took her wings in his hands. Where they previously were blank, the fairy's wings now had beautiful swirls around them. He held out his hand. The girl took it and she lifted up into the air. Milori flew her around him before allowing her to fly on her own.

After flying around for a few seconds, the fairy landed. Five tables appeared with an object of each of them.

"Go ahead and choose the talent that calls to you." Milori said.

The fairy walked by each table.

Right after she walked by it, a snowflake glowed blue and lifted into the air.

"Everyone meet our new Snowflake fairy, Hollister." Milori introduced. Everyone clapped.

A fairy came down from the audience, took Hollister's hand and they flew off.

"I'm Icelyn, but everyone calls me Icy. Another Snowflake fairy." The fairy said. "I'll show you to your home." Icelyn lead Hollister to a small hut. "This is your home." She said. "I'll let you get some rest and tomorrow I'll show you around."

"Thank you." Hollister said.

"You're welcome. Have a good night." Icelyn said, flying off.

Hollister walked into the hut. It looked pretty nice.