Fool's Gold

"I know about it, Younghyun-ah," Sungjin whispered before Younghyun could enter his house.

Sungjin was dropping him off at his house after picking him up from his work.

Younghyun turned to him, confused and innocent, "Know about what?"

"That you're dating me for my money," Sungjin bit his lip.

Younghyun's eyes widened a bit and he gulped, "W-What are you talking about?"

Sungjin smiled gently, eyes softening and breaking Younghyun's heart, "It's alright. I knew from the beginning."

Younghyun looked away, "How did you... know?"

"You weren't interested in me when I first introduced myself when we met but the moment that I mentioned that I was a CEO, you became interested," said Sungjin.

They first met at a bar. Younghyun was alone and Sungjin was, too. So Sungjin approached him at the counter.

"I-I..."

"Could you tell me why you want money?" Sungjin softly asked.

Younghyun ran a hand through his hair, peeking up at Sungjin, "My brother's at college right now. And my salary doesn't cut for his tuition. The-the money that you give me is what I use to pay for his tuition. I use my salary for our food."

Sungjin smiled wider and nodded, walking toward him. Younghyun feared that he'd hurt him, so he closed his eyes and shrunk a bit. But Sungjin took his head and placed a kiss on his forehead.

Younghyun slowly opened his eyes to look at him and see him smiling still as he gazed at him, eyes still filled with love like they always do.

"Come to dinner tomorrow, okay? If you don't, I'll get upset," Sungjin grinned a bit.

It pained Younghyun to see Sungjin hide so much of the pain that he was feeling.

"But hyung —"

"I love you," Sungjin grinned a bit wider. "You don't have to say it back from now on. But please stay by my side. I don't care if you only want my money. But please stay by my side, even just until your brother graduates."

Tears filled Younghyun's eyes and Sungjin chuckled as he wiped them off.

"Stop, don't cry," Sungjin giggled. "It's okay, really. I mean, it kind of hurts but I don't care. As long as I can help and I can love you, I don't care. I'll see you tomorrow, pick you up at the usual time. Okay?"

Younghyun sniffed and nodded, pursing his lips. Sungjin smiled and leaned to place his lips on his cheek to kiss him barely. It was only a touch.

Before, Sungjin would kiss him on the lips or bury his kisses into Younghyun's cheek but now, he was stepping back and setting boundaries for himself.

Sungjin patted his head once before turning to get into his car and go home. But not before waving at him goodbye.

"Good night, Younghyun-ah! I love you!"

Younghyun couldn't help but at least yell, "Drive safely!"

Sungjin grinned and wiped his tears, "Right. I have to drive safely. You need me, after all."