six.

JUNE 2023

Elena hated herself.

She hated herself for letting others step over her, she hated herself for being oblivious. She hated herself for the faint spot of forgiveness she held in her heart for everyone. She wanted to be mad, she wanted to trash Leah's hotel room, write all over the walls, cut up all of Leah's clothing. She wanted to scream at Katie and Beth for what they did. They watched her only break herself and did nothing, she was beyond angry at them, they both knew about Leah and Jordan. Ask anyone. Leah begged. Anyone. Elena didn't even know who didn't know. She was sure the entire Arsenal and lioness teams knew.

She was angry at everyone, all her sadness built up since the breakup had flipped from blue to red. All she felt was rage, the bubble in her blood, the knit of her brows.

Katrina had basically kicked her out the house after seeing her intial rage. Elena wouldn't tell her what was going on, Kat didn't know how far it would go, she gave her sister a hundred dollars and told her about the rage room in Melbourne.

Elena thought about going for awhile, yet found herself on the outskirts of st kilda beach. It was quiet, the nighttime breeze painting soft brushes against her cheeks. Not a sound except for the waves crashing against the sand. The moon glistening a faint light upon the nighttime sky.

How could everything feel so soft, when she was nothing but the opposite. Her mind pounded itself with questions, she hated Leah even more, if that was humanly possible. She hated everything about Leah. From her blonde hair, Elena used to style before every training session and game to her football boots, which were still the exact same that they were only years ago, the bottom of the boot had began to fade, Leah held onto them though, the small drawings from her ex-girlfriend and cousin being a sense of innocence she felt. Elena hated it, Leah wasn't innocent. She ruined everything they had.

Elena decided she wanted to draw out her anger, she stood up from the sandy floor. The cold wind pushing itself against her skin, causing her arm to grow with goosebumps.

She walked down the sidewalk of the city, was it dangerous? A hundred percent. She was a twenty five year old in a black dress and black boots, she wasn't sure if she could run if she got into trouble and her phone had died half an hour ago.

She rounded the corner, capturing the glimpse of a lightened up building. She smiled at herself, this is what she needed.

She entered the bar, the bell ontop of the door rattling as she entered. There was a thick feeling in the air, the music blasted from the speaker, crowds of women and men, drunk and sober, dancing along the floor. Elena made her beeline towards the bar itself, sliding into the seat beside a brunette girl.

"Beer. Please." Elena told the bartender, she rubbed the top of her head. Was she gonna drink away her problems? Yes. Was it her best option? Probably.

"You don't look too happy." The brunette stated the obvious.

"I could go for a bullet to the brain" Elena replied, her hands leaving her head, and her eyes turning to the girl. "Jesse?"

"Long time no see Lena." Jesse Fleming smiled "could say its a pleasing time seeing you again, but you don't look too pleased."

A beer was placed in front of the blonde, she smiled and thanked the bartender before turning back to the familiar girl "I've had too long of a day."

"It's only seven?" Jesse questioned "and the suns down. . . Do you want to drink it out? Or drink it out and talk about it?"

Elena lifted the bottle to her lips "do you actually want to hear about my day?"

"I haven't walked away yet, have I?" Jesse replied "if I get too bored I'll make my way to the bathroom, so you have my full attention for now."

Elena scoffed "I'll make it quick then. My ex-girlfriend decided to inform me today, years after our break up that she was lying about cheating on me and all my friends, including my bestfriends all knew the truth and kept it from me. Oh! Not to mention that she only told me she cheated was because she was too pussy to get down onto one knee!"

"Yikes. Clearly Leah had no training in marriage proposals." Jesse joked.

Elena slowly cracked a smile "I wouldn't be surprised if she took notes off a YouTube video."

"Double yokes" Jesse smiled, taking a sip of her drinks

Elena hummed, replicating the girls action "so.  .  . Flemming, what brings a girl like you down to a good old pub like this on a Tuesday evening?"

Jesse sighed "hard day at training results in nights like these."

"Alcohol is bad for your system" Elena pointed out "you shouldn't be drinking when you have training tomorrow and a game coming up."

"You shouldn't be drinking away your sorrows" Jesse fired back. Elena hummed in return.

Coming to a quick finish on her beverage, Elena ordered another one.

"Easy there girl, don't go scoffing them down, you'll throw up all over your Uber" Jesse panicked, grabbing the half-drunken drink off the blonde "settle it down, give your body time to get used to it."

Elena groaned "I want to be drunk. I'll be happier when I'm throwing up in the Uber, that says a lot"

A dimmer of light crossed over Jesse's features "what if we get out of here, take our minds of things away from the alcohol."

"Need I remind you that you were here first" Elena raised her brows "I'm not sure. I quite enjoying drowning myself in beer while having to yell over the music to speak to you."

Jesse rolled her eyes "come on, I need air and if I leave you here and Sam finds out, it's the end of me."

Elena frowned "I need to finish my beer."

"It's in a bottle" Jesse pointed out "you already paid the guy, don't act like your stealing to get out of this."

Jesse grabbed the blondes hand, taking her down from the bar stool. "Hey — hey! This is kidnapping!" Elena yelled.

Jesse only laughed in return, leading the pair out the bar.

────────────────────────────────

Maisie speaks!

No update in years. But I may have forgotten to mention how much I love Jesse Fleming. And how much I'm gonna love writing Jesse and Elena. Because they will date!

I'm gonna explain her songwriting now and hope it makes sense, June 2023 she will announce her new album which comes out august 2023, which she then at the end of august will announce her third tour to begin in January 2024, in which in April of 2024, she will tell the world about the songs she wrote before lost the breakup.

It's been stated that she wrote a lot of songs after her and Leah's breakup but I've never empathised how many songs she actually wrote. Before beginning lost the breakup, she wrote 32 other songs, in which were actually the sad songs of the breakup.

This album will come out around June 2024, but she will sing a few songs on her tours. This is the album that "made everyone cry"

It is titled goldie locks, and you will see why soon.

There is a small trailer to the album, in which a brunette version of her (future her) is walking through her house when she hears the piano going off, she enters her piano room to find a blonde playing a sad tune. The blonde being Elena in her younger form. The two sit down and play the heartbreaking song together, one version filled with sadness, fresh out the breakup and the other who has healed from it. It the cuts to the top of the piano where 'goldie locks' has been carved into the top.

Happy birthday y'all!