Part 16

⛸️
This chapter may be triggering to some, mentions of different forms of abuse and trauma.

Read at your own discretion

Now I don't know what Liliana's past is like but the way she acted in the car made me realise it can't be good, which I knew as the article of her fathers prison sentence was out in the world but it never did say what he went in for.

32 years though, it has to be pretty bad. None of their family talk about it, Landon just says he hope he rots in a cell for the rest of his life.

It's obviously brought a shit ton of trauma onto Lil because she barely made it to the front door without collapsing.

Now she's just standing there shaking, I wrapped a blanket around her waiting for Ana to return with some Pyjamas for her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry you can take me home." She repeats, I don't know how to help her, I just want to help her. Please god let me fucking help her.

"Hey, you aren't going home. You are safe here, are you comfortable staying with Ana tonight?" I'd offer her to stay with me but she might think I'm taking advantage of her.

"You. Please can I stay with you. I love Ana but you. Please don't leave not yet." Her eyes show no emotion. Liliana just stares into space still in shock or panic or something.

"Okay come on let's start walking upstairs." She doesn't move so I keep an eye on her as I slowly walk into the kitchen to get a cookie or something just so Liliana doesn't die of alcohol poisoning and so my conscience knows she's eaten at least something.

Liliana slowly stops shaking and Ana closes the blanket around her more tightly. Right I can get some proper food for her now Ana is close by.

Fuck, where to start?

The fridge gets raided every night by me and Ana but tonight it's for Liliana, certainly not how I imagined her spending her first night with me here but I'll take it because I'd do anything to help her.

Now I'm panicking.

"Issac, I'm going to get her dressed here. Don't come out for a second." Ana shouts from the hallway.

"Okay I won't."

As much as I love that girls body it's not the time or place to be imagining her or seeing her like that.

I need to focus on getting food and getting her to bed.

The butter and cheese, oo ham too just in case she's crazy and doesn't like cheese. I clutch the bread rushing to the knife draw and start spreading the butter.

Ana walks in with Liliana awfully slow. She sits in a dining chair, she's stopped shaking and is now just looking really drunk and tired.

"I have flashbacks. Bad ones but I'm back in lucid now." She pulls Ana's pyjama bottoms down a little which make stomach show, she's also wearing a white t shirt which fits her quite perfectly.

"I— I'm sorry we didn't know what to do, you—you asked to stay here but I can drive you home if you've changed your mind?" Why is now the time I stumble over my words.