𝟎𝟎. off the road to the lookout

⸝⸝₊ ┊say don't go
chapter zero ‧₊˚ ⋅⩩

⸝⸝₊ ┊say don't go ♰ chapter zero ♰ ‧₊˚ ⋅⩩

────── ♰ ──────

⁰︎⁰︎ °. THE SOUND OF boots thudding against the old creaky hallway had filled the room as he walked through. It was almost dreadful. It had rattled around her head like there was marbles on the loose, each step another marble had banged relentlessly against her throbbing skull.

Someone needs to find her gun and put her out of her misery.

"Get up," Bill was knocking at the door not even a second later as she moved her arm away from her face. The light from the ceiling fan blinding her as she watched it spin endlessly. Around and around it went. "We gotta go." Caroline made no effort to move as the door creaked open louder. He wasn't against dragging her out of the bed, and in all honesty...she would probably let him. As long as she didn't have to get up. "Care, come on."

"Why?" She finally complained.

"Because you're just gotta lay around and rot in bed all day. Get up," he placed a glass of water beside her with the same three white pills she had practically been living off the last three weeks. Advil.

It was an effort to even sit up at this point. These migraines have only gotten increasingly worse and as far as Bill was concerned, she would end up in the hospital by the end of the week whether she liked it or not. Her brain had felt too big for her head. Each movement had her one step closer to teetering over the edge towards full on insanity. It had only taken 23 years, maybe her time had finally come.

"Bobby called," Bill started to throw her a cleaned hoodie of his as it hit her in the face before falling into her lap as she stared at it tiredly, "says he's got a case a few towns over from us."

"Uncle Bobby called you in the middle of the night to talk about a case?" She questioned incredulously as she finally reached over for the glass of water and pills beside her. "Doesn't he ever sleep?"

"You're the only one in this family who sleeps as much as you do. You've been out 14 hours."

"What?" She seemed shocked by that. No way she had slept that much. It barely felt like she slept half an hour. Her eyes had caught a glimpse of the digital clock across the room that read the time. 2:39 am. She shook her head shortly before she was yawning and Bill was walking across the room for the bags they had shoved in the closet. 14 hours of sleep and she was still tired.

Okay, the amount of sleep was a little concerning. Especially for a hunter. But there was only so much she could do with a raging migraine anyway. She was no use on any sort of hunt, so why Bill was dragging her to a hunt to god knows where, she didn't even want to try and think about it.