The Vault

Summary: The Sibuna Club Makes An Important Discovery

Evie's Notes: Enjoy the new chapter - xo Evie

------------------------------

Fabian was glaring at the map that Eddie, K.T. and Joy had found during his free period. It was the final thing standing between them and finding the Frobisher Crypt. Fabian had tried plugging it in as coordinates, sudoku, various equations and star maps... still he had had no luck.

"Are you still looking at that map?" asked Nina as the now Sibuna Ten entered the drama studio for play rehearsal.

"Yeah, it's driving me crazy," grumbled Fabian angrily.

"Why couldn't the solution be easy for once" whined Amber, "Easy like ABC, 123"

"Wait! Say that again" asked Jerome, turning to look at Amber.

"Why couldn't the solution be easy?"

"No, the other thing,"

"Oh, easy like ABC, 123" replied Amber.

"What if it's a number letter code, like each number is a letter. My dad said sometimes people pass notes like that in jail" explained Jerome.

Just then Miss Valentine entered the classroom and called for everyone to get on the stage for warm ups.

"That's a great idea Jerome, I'll take a look at it that way after rehearsal" grinned Fabian, shoving the notebook with the code in his backpack and joining the others for warm ups.

* Scent of Lavender * Scent of Lavender *

Miss Wilson looked up and smiled when she heard a knock on her office door.

"You sent for me, miss?" asked Joy, shifting uncomfortably in the doorway.

"Yes, yes. Please come in and make yourself comfortable" welcomed the woman, directing the girl to take a seat in one of the chairs and help herself to the bags of crisps on the desk.

Joy took a seat but didn't take the offered snack, fidgeting with a loose string on her skirt.

"Joy, I wanted to talk to you about one of your extracurriculars" began the woman. " The Jackal website appears to be very informative about the school. How do you, as the editor, verify the claims that are made on it?"

"What it boils down to really is that I trust my staff" shrugged Joy. "I mean some wild stuff has been going down here for years, so if something pops up on The Jackal it is true".

"Interesting" hummed Miss Wilson as she scribbled down some notes. Using her highlighter to mark certain articles, she passed Joy a selection of papers. "So you are saying that all of these are true?"

Joy skimmed over the articles, and yeah they did look bad when not interspersed with the light and fluffy content she carefully placed to soften the blow. "Student frames teacher for inappropriate relationship", "Student put on public trial for accusing house teacher of fraud", "Student cuts classes and gets special treatment", "Mr. Sweet: a study in sexism", "My year away and how it hurt me", "The dark history of the school's founders".

"Yes, they are all true," admitted Joy.

"Very well, that's all I needed from you today. Thank you for your help, Miss Mercer".

Joy quickly fled the office with one thought on loop in her head, "Just who was Miss Wilson and what the fuck was that about?"

* Scent of Lavender * Scent of Lavender *