Chapter 2: An invitation?

"There aren't many tables and I thought you would be good company", Joshua continued to speak to break the awkward silence while Aishi just continues to stare at him.

"Sure, have a seat." Aishi smiles, not knowing what to say. She is great at conversations, confident even, but that's because she has always imagined them beforehand when she is daydreaming. But, this situation never once came to her thoughts. She never once thought she would be the Y/N!

"Traveling for business, I suppose?", he asked, probably judging by her constant scrolling through her work email. It's a nervous tick for her, he didn't know that.

"Actually no, I am taking a short vacation to visit Budapest. That's the only European location that I could fit in my budget. I mean, I guess, there are other places that are cheaper, but I also wanted to visit the ruin pubs. I read about them so much. I actually wanted to go to Paris, but I don't make that kind of money. I mean, I do make money that can afford a trip to Paris, I earn well for my experience level, but then it'll be too much of a blow to my savings. So, Budapest, it is.", she almost gasped for air as she finished saying that. She speaks a lot, that's another nervous tick. This, he could figure out. "So, what about you? Paris Fashion Show?", she asked in a desperate attempt to cover up her nervousness.

"I am having a concert in Frankfurt. The rest of my bandmates and staff are in the lounge. I just wanted to get out and stretch my legs a little bit.", as he said this, there were already a bunch of people walking past us who recognized him. Some were pulling out their phones, some still weren't sure if it was him. Aishi could sense that he was getting uncomfortable, she was too. She wanted to have a quiet vacation, she didn't want to end up on a random Korean news site with a blurred face.

"Looks like they are already figuring out who you are.", she said while picking at her fingernails. She did not enjoy the whispers, giggles, and the cameras. She looked up at him and he had a sad smile on his face. At that moment, he was not a famous singer, he was not a celebrity, he was just a tired twenty-something year old.

"I'm sorry I have to go now. It was great meeting you.", he stood up. Aishi spoke with urgency, almost rushing out before more people gathered and it became bothersome for him, "Listen, Joshua, I wish you find joy in whatever you do. I wish you more peaceful walks and more meaningful conversations. I know this life that you chose for yourself can get overwhelming at times, but there's thousands who love and adore you. You are not alone!".

Aishi always loved his song writing. They had a deep sense of melancholy to them. He could fit in the most romantic, yet the saddest lyrics in a pop song and she loved him for that. At that moment, when she felt that she could never get another chance to meet him again, she wanted him to know how much she appreciates him.

He stared at her for a few seconds, seconds that seemed much longer than minutes, and fished out a card from his wallet.

"This is my manager's card. If you decide that Budapest is not exciting enough to spend all your vacation in, take a train to Frankfurt and give him a call. My concert venue is booked up, but you could join us for dinner."

He gave her a warm smile, a quick finger salute, and walked away. She looked back at her phone, opened Spotify to listen to his songs. He didn't give her his personal number, he didn't ask her out on a date, just wanted her to join his team for dinner. She was not delusional to believe that he was interested in her, but it felt nice to know that he at least wanted to get to know her better. She had a packed itinerary, so it's not like she would actually go to Frankfurt, but it was nice to know she had options. She put the card in the pocket of her bag that she was planning to use for souvenirs and walked towards the boarding gates.