Debate Topic #3- 2/28/24

Welcome back to another week of Debates! 

Remember to read the debate rules before participating in the debate! Not sure how to start? Check out our debate tips! Without further ado, here is Week 3's debate topic!

Heads up!  This week's debate contains spoilers for The House of Hades and The Blood of Olympus. 

This week, we're focusing on love in the Riordanverse.  In The House of Hades, Leo Valdez finds himself on the island of Ogygia.  Recently abandoned by Percy Jackson, and cursed to fall in love with any man who washes up on her island, Calypso, daughter of Atlas, reluctantly nurses Leo back to health and helps him build his raft.  In turn, Leo reciprocates her feelings and swears to come back for her.  In The Blood of Olympus, Leo fulfills his oath, and the two fly off together on Festus's back, officially beginning their romantic relationship. 

Some readers love "Caleo" for their enemies-to-lovers-esque roots while others feel as if Leo was put into a relationship to resolve his loneliness as the sole single person in the Seven.  What do you think?  Do you ship Caleo?  Why or why not? 

Don't be afraid to reply to each other!  Unlike monsters, your fellow demigods don't bite!

As always, thanks so much for your participation; we hope you're having as much fun debating as we are putting together the questions and moderating!