16

◇─◇──◇─◇

I once again sat in the passenger seat, comfortably reading my book and from time to time looking out of the window to appreciate the beautiful scenery that was in front of me.
At the start of the ride I thought that this ride would be insufferable, because the two other people beside me didn't stop bickering for a long time.

"Are we far?" Elena called out, huffing from the backseat. I rolled my eyes. She has been asking this every 10 minutes, continuing without fail to disturb me. Damon took a turn to the left, now a beautiful city was in front of us. Chicago.
"Actually, we're almost here." Damon assured the younger girl. "Finally." She rejoiced.

I quickly shrugged the blanked off me, putting it in the backseat with my book and putting on my shoes. I checked my makeup and hair. "You would think you're getting ready for a date." Damon joked when he saw me carefully tidying up myself. "Well I need to look good to be able to distract Klaus." I joked while simultaneously giving Damon a glare.

I only got informed halfway to Chicago that I will have to distract Klaus, long enough to persuade Stefan to come back home and actually taking him. I was absolutely bewildered, arguing with the brain-dead duo that it wasn't a good idea, and that this is surely gonna be my demise. But the two of them didn't want to hear it, because 'they were relying on me for this plan to actually work'. As soon as I realised that they weren't listening to my whining, I huffed and backed off.

                       ●~●~●~●~

"This is it?" I questioned as the car stopped in front of some bar. It didn't look shabby, but it definitely looked pretty old. I once again quickly checked how I looked, sure enough I looked amazing. "Yep.." Damon sighed from beside me. All of us were on the edge of our seats.

If this didn't work, I will surely be killed. So I was praying that Damon and Elena could persuade Stefan to join us.

Elena and Damon went to the side of the building, waiting for Stefan, while I stood concealed in front of the building, waiting for my turn. As soon as I heard Damon's voice talking to Stefan, I rushed into the bar, once again fixing myself up.

"Hey, could I get some whiskey, please?" I asked the bartender in front of me, wishing that Klaus will acknowledge me.

"Look who it is." I heard Klaus say, twisting his body to face me. I, now sitting, turned my head slightly, acting unamused.

"Oh.. it's you." I lightly scrunched up my nose in disgust, scanning him.

"Oh, don't look so displeased. I thought I wouldn't see your face again." He perked up, fixing his posture while keeping intense eye contact.

"Well I would've been happy without seeing your face again, but I guess we don't get everything we wish for." I muttered, now sipping my beverage. Turning away from him.

"Really?.. So whose plan was it for you to distract me?" He pondered, waiting for my reaction. I turned to him, my eyes more open than natural, looking at him scared. "Don't worry. I won't kill you.. unless Stefan decides to betray me and go with you lot." He smirked at me, grasping my arm, keeping me frozen in my place. "But by the sound of it, you will leave untouched." He chuckled while continuing to look at me, holding eye contact.

I decided to listen in on what's going on with the three of them. "Can't you understand, Elena? I don't want to go with you." Stefan sneered. I heard Elena's quiet gasp, my heart hurting for both myself and her. The love of her life doesn't want to return to her, while I realised that maybe he meant what he said in those woods to Damon. My heart hurt for everyone: Stefan, Elena, Damon and myself.

When Klaus saw the expression on my face- the expression of exhaustion, betrayal and sadness, he let go off my arm. Now my anger was directed to him. "You're the reason he's too afraid to come with us." I almost yelled at Klaus. I knew that it was a stupid decision and that I will probably pay with my life, but now I didn't care. "Why did you have to be selfish and take him away from us? Don't you think you terrorised us enough, huh? No wonder you don't even have your family by your side. You're a selfish prick who only cares about himself." I finished expressing my feelings to him, catching a breath. He turned to me angrily, stood up and grabbed my hand, dragging me out of the main area of the bar.

I yelped from the sudden contact. I wasn't strong enough to actually fight against him, so all I could do is try to pry my hand away from his grasp, and try to stop him from dragging me into an isolated place where he could kill me. But unsurprisingly enough even that didn't do anything, his anger radiating from his body in waves. "Please!" I begged.

He dragged me into a bathroom before checking the stalls, making sure that nobody is in there. When he made sure that we were alone he gripped my neck, putting ungodly amount of pressure on it. I figured that he was going to snap my neck, because one single move from any of us results in my death.

I started gasping for air, beginning to lose consciousness. "You will not talk to me like that? Understood?" He exploded, still keeping his grasp tight on my neck. "You should be grateful that I haven't killed you already for even trying to disobey me." He growled in my face, his yellow eyes flashing. I was absolutely petrified, remembering that not only am I dealing with an original vampire, I'm also dealing with the original hybrid.

"I'm sorry." I choked out, my vision slowly turning black from the lack of oxygen. As a last resort I started pounding on his arm and scratching his face, but he quickly grabbed the both of hands and pinned them on the wall. "Klaus- fuck-" I wailed, tears stinging my eyes.

All of a sudden his grasp on my neck became looser, allowing me to inhale enough air to stop myself from passing out, though I was still pinned against the wall. A single tear ran down my cheek, realising that I'm probably not getting out of this alive.
Fuck Elena and Damon for making me do this shit. I will haunt those motherfuckers.

"Nobody talks to me that way. Not even my family." His grasp on my neck tightened a little bit. I viciously nodded my head, hoping that he had a change of heart and wasn't gonna kill me. "I'm sorry." I again choked again, praying that I will live to see my loved ones.

He nodded and carefully placed me down on the floor. I tried to hide my bleak expression from his preying eyes.
We now stood in silence. He kept his eyes on me while I was paralysed, looking at the floor unmoving.

"Hey- Klaus?" Stefan barged into the bathroom, noticing Klaus and I. I looked at him, silently pleading to help me get out of this situation. "Alice-" He breathed, looking at me shocked. He probably didn't even know that I came with Damon and Elena. He looked at Klaus, silently questioning him.

"Your little savers thought that it would be a good idea to have her distract me. They should've known it was a horrible idea since this girl has a sharp tongue." He answered to Stefan's silent questions.

Stefan got a hold of my hand, getting ready to drag me out of the bathroom. I grasped his arm and started walking to the door with me, but not before catching a glimpse of Klaus staring at me heatedly. I gulped and rushed out of the bathroom with my brother.

"Don't tell me this was your idea." Stefan muttered under his breath to me. I shook my head, disagreeing. "Please punch Damon in the nose for this horrible idea." He whispered, caressing my arm while leading me to the front door. I looked around and didn't see Damon's car. "Did they seriously leave me?" I angrily questioned the man beside me. "Nah, they're around the corner." He chuckled.

"Are you okay?" I couldn't stop but ask him.
"I am, Ali." He reassured me with a smile that resembled the one that I gave him the night he saved Damon from a werewolf. "I love you." I muttered while tugging him into an embrace.
"I know." He chuckled in my hair. "I love you too.".

As I opened my eyes, I locked gazes with Klaus, who stood beside the bar. He looked at me with a blank expression. "It's time for me to go." I muttered into Stefan's shoulder, he nodded and we let one another go.

Stefan and I exchanged teary goodbyes before I left- more like ran out of the bar.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked as soon as I sat in the passenger seat. I looked at both Damon and her with an angry gaze. "You too are shitty planner. I almost got myself killed." I almost yelled out.

"Oh.." Was all the duo could say to me.