Chapter 37: A Time to Skrill ( Part 2 )

The riders were flying to Outcast island, and landed on the island and they saw the state the island was left in. Serenity stood close to Saga with her guard up in case of danger.

Ruffnut: Whoa, I don't like it.

Hiccup: Weird. I don't see any arrows or spears.

Saga: And no boulders from catapults either...

Fishlegs: Which is very strange.

Hiccup: This really doesn't seem like a Dragon Hunter attack.

Saga then began silently observing the damage while the gang continued talking.

Astrid: Well, whoever did this meant business.

Fishlegs: And where did everybody go?

Astrid: They must have evacuated.

Fishlegs: What could possibly scare the Outcasts off their own island?-

Saga: ( knowingly and honestly: ) Well, judging by the depth and length of these scratch marks and the number of barely noticeable lightning strike marks, the Outcasts were attacked by one angry Skrill. And from the looks of it, it's on a revenge streak.

The dragon riders shared worried looks that caused the alchemist's stormcutter to tilt her head in confusion at their reactions while the alchemist didn't seem to notice.

Then suddenly the group heard the sounds of feathered wings flapping, and they all looked up at the same time their dragons looked up at the sky to see the black furred dragon flying towards the island.

They watched in shock as the black furred dragon gracefully lands on the island's grounds a few feet away from them. The female dragon quickly began looking around the place, seemingly looking for something as she melodiously hummed, her paws made very little sound with each step she took.

Fishlegs: What is she doing here? Did she follow us?

Astrid: She seems to be looking for something.

Hiccup: Let's follow her, gang. And let's do it quietly, as to not startle her.

The riders and their dragons then quietly followed the black furred dragon as she was searching throughout the island for something that was unknown to them. The dragon didn't seem to have noticed their presence as she continued searching.

The black furred dragon's eyes then brightened in joy as she saw something hidden within a hole in a dead tree. She then sat on her hind legs with a excited look on her face as she reached her front paws into the hole of the tree to grab what she found inside.

The riders watched this in shock, as they have never seen a dragon use their front legs to grab for something like a human does, Fishlegs quickly pulled out a journal and began writing what he was seeing down.

The black furred dragon then wore a motherly smile on her face as she seemed to grab hold of what was hidden within the dead tree.

Black furred dragon: ( mimicking the voice of a woman's, softly to what she found within the tree: ) " It's okay, Mama's here... "