Chapter 18

Delilah Sinclair

"You all have to submit this research work before deadlines, and also write the references of the books that you use."

Ma'am announces and tells us the details of the project, the last project, and the assignment of this semester before exams.

" This is the last project of your semester, and on its basis, you all are going to get promoted to next semester. Make sure to invest enough energy to get an A on it."

Ma'am says taking her files in her hands.

"Class dismissed."
She leaves the class.

I look over to the bench where Isaac and Christian are sitting, It's been 3 days since Abraham isn't coming to college.

I have emailed them on all 3 days, First about telling him about the competition that won, and the remaining two were just me asking him about his absence, I know that's the least I should have done, But, I wanted him to know, I care about my partner, I care about everyone I work with.

"Hi, Isaac. Hi, Cristain." I wave at them.

They smile back.

I have decided to ask Isaac about Abraham today.

Isaac comes over to me.

" Where is Abraham? I need to discuss the project with him." I tell him while we head towards the cafe.

"Oh, Actually, he has some family business, I mean some family affairs. He is out of the city."
Isaac says, not looking at me.

I wonder what could it be.

"So, when is he coming back?" I am still looking at him and asking.

"I don't know, I did talk to him but It might take a long."

He is still looking at his feet.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Abraham Walton

Jacob has been shifted to our villa, for the last two days.

A physiotherapist has been seeing him too.

He has been doing the recent exercises on his bed, but the physiotherapist said that soon, he will be able to stand on his feet.

I am happy, things are going well and things are okay.

I enter Jacob's room, the room smells more like a hospital probably because of the fragrance of antiseptics in the air.

The physiotherapist is almost done with his work.

And a nurse is injecting something in Jacob's cannula.

I approach the Physiotherapist and whisper in his
ear "Is Jacob doing well?"
So Jacob doesn't hear even if he is not doing it so well.

"Oh, He is doing great. Instead, it is the 1st time I have seen a patient this eager to stand on his feet all over again, maybe he has a lot of work he is so curious to complete."

The doctor announces and looks at Jacob smiling at him.

Jacob nods and smiles.

"I have some unfinished tasks that I need to get done."

His voice is so feeble, but his strength shakes the cells in my spine.

The physiotherapist leaves.

And I sit beside Jacob's bed.

"You should go back to attend your university."

He says holding my hand with so much love and so much affection as if he is my father. He is the elder brother who has always treated me as if I am his son as if I am the only dearest thing he has ever owned.