33

We arrive at a really nice restaurant and Levi is being a complete gentleman, not that he isn't always, but it being just us makes this so much more special.

"I told Ben I was giving my two weeks." I blurt out and Levi smiles.

"Babe, no work talk. No kid talk, this is for just us." He chuckles, taking a sip of his wine.

We continue eating and I'm falling in love with him all over again. His stubble is peaking, his bright green eyes are so filled with love that it makes my heart melt.

"You good?" Levi asks and I smile at him.

"Just wondering what I did to deserve you."

He takes my hand and kisses it, giving me a soft smile as well.

"I love you." He chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"Not as much as I love you."

We finish dinner and he pays before taking my head and we walk out the building.

The sun is setting so we decide to take a walk on the beach. He looks over in the distance and gives a quick nod and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Valerie Ann Andrews-Harper, I am so in love with you baby. You make my life so much better and you filled a void I didn't know was missing. I don't want to ever lose you."

As I'm about to respond he reaches in his pocket and get down on one knee, opening a small ring box.

"Levi-"

"Will you please, do me the great honor, of allowing me to be your husband?" He asks and I stand in shock.

"Yes. A thousand times yes!" I squeal as tears brim my eyes.

He slides the ring on my finger and I feel the tears fall down my cheeks.

He stands up and I fold into him. He grabs me by my waist and picks me up, letting me wrap my legs around his torso.

"I love you." I whisper as I kiss him and he has tears in his own eyes.

He spins me around and when I look over, there's a photographer snapping photos of us.

"This is why you had this weekend planned." I chuckle to myself and he kisses my cheek.

"We need to talk about other stuff still." He whispers in my ear and I nod as he takes my hand and we walk down the beach.

"First. I need to explain something." He says worriedly, "I don't believe a guy should spank his girlfriend. However I do believe a husband should keep his wife in line, and I use spanking to do that. You would be a spanked wife." He explains and we continue walking.

"Why?" I ask softly and he stops, pulls me to face him, and brushes a piece of hair out my face.

"I love you, but you are stubborn and sometimes a brat. Someone's gotta keep you in line, love. There are so many times I've thought you deserved your backside roasted but I didn't because I was just your boyfriend." He explains calmly and I cringe, "I think I spanked Ava 10 times in our 7 year marriage. It wouldn't be just 'argument, you get
Spanked."

"Can you show me how it'd feel?" I ask softly and he nods as we make our way back to the hotel room.

He sits on the bed and pulls me to stand between his legs, "Remember, just a demonstration. This is not a punishment "

When I don't say anything, he bends me over his knee and starts to hook his fingers in my skirt.

"If we were married it would be bare." He offers and I groan.

"This is a warning swat."

He slaps the center of my backside enough to cause a small sting.

He rubs the sting out for a moment before pausing.

"This is a normal spanking."

He slaps down harder and I take in a breath. He pauses and again rubs the sting for a moment

"How you doing?" He asks and I shrug.

"It hurt but manageable." I whisper and he nods.

"This is when you're in a lot of trouble, reserved for when I'm warming you up for the belt because you put yourself in danger." He explains and I brace myself.

He holds his hand on my backside
for a moment before raising it and slamming it down.

"Ow!"

Without a word he pulls me up and sits me on his lap, wrapping his arms around me to the point I could disappear behind them.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I nod into his chest.

"I guess when we get married I just have to be on my best behavior." I smirk and I can feel him chuckling through his chest.

"I love you so much." He smirks, leaning over and kissing my cheek.

I get off his lap and he stands up and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Please, never make me spank you." He whispers softly, pressing his chin to the top of my head.

"So you're okay with me still missing Drake? Even though we were separated?" I ask and he turns me around to face him.

"I still miss Ava. But God has a divine plan, we just have to trust it." He chuckles and I give him a soft smile.

"I trust it, and I also trust you."

I walk to the balcony and look up at the stars, wondering how I ended up here.