Chapter 4

Enjoy reading!

Anant Agnihotri

I am feeling exhausted today. As I stare out of the window of the jet, I try to comprehend all that has happened since yesterday. Yesterday was a normal day, well as normal as it can get for a member royal family. All of our family members were busy in their work. I and Divyank were in a meeting when my assistant came and informed me there was a call from an unknown number and someone named Aruna wanted to talk to me. I became alert. After all, why would my ex-wife want to talk to me after so many years? Suddenly, it struck in my mind that if Aruna is calling me then I have a chance of meeting my princess after so many years. So, I excused myself from the meeting and went to attend the call. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Divyank being confused because I was excusing myself from an important meeting and that was so unlike me. But he quickly masked his emotions. I went out and put the phone to my ear. After a while, I heard her voice,

"Hello Mr. Agnihotri."

"Hello," I replied. I was not in the mood to talk to this woman who took my daughter away from me.

"I know that you must be eager to meet your daughter. Well, I am giving you a chance to do so. You can come here, where I live in Lucknow, and take her with you. I will message you the address." I couldn't believe my ears at first. Fucking finally, I will get to meet my princess.

I just said, "I will be there." And cut the call.

I went inside and announced, "Meeting is dismissed." All the people present there looked shocked. I don't care. No meeting is more important than my daughter. All of them went out and now it was just me and my son. "Whose call was it Dad?" asked my son. "We are going to meet my princess and bring her with us." He looked astonished for a while and then said, "Where is she?". "Aruna had called. Anika was living with them in Lucknow. Let's go. We need to inform the family members of the good news too."

I looked towards my son and also saw him busy in his thoughts. "What do you think we should do with Aruna?" I asked him. "Don't worry about her. I will take care of her. No one should dare to separate Anika and me." he replied with a glint in his eyes. I knew, birth mother or not, he wouldn't spare anyone who dared to separate his little, baby sister from him. "What did she say to you?" I said nonchalantly trying to contain my jealousy. Why did she talk so much with him? She should talk with me. I am her father!

"Nothing much. She was just asking about the boys. She was surprised when she got to know that she had a twin and got very excited over the idea of having a baby in the house. Looks like Abhi is going to be her favorite. I am feeling so damn jealous of the little boy. He got her attention even before she met him!" he said chuckling. Just then, the air hostess came and informed us that the flight is about to land. We went to the bedroom she was resting in and looked at her. She looked so peaceful and cute like a baby. I didn't have the heart to wake her up so I picked her in my arms and we boarded off the jet. It was a blissful feeling to have my daughter back in my arms once again. I was deprived of this feeling for too long and now I was going to experience it at every chance I got.

The guards surrounded us and we went and sat down in our cars. I remember that when we informed our family that we got our princess back, they couldn't believe it. Meera started her rant with how she finally had a girl in the family how she would spoil her and much more. Abhi was practically jumping with excitement at the prospect of getting a sissy. And don't even get me started with Rudraansh, the boy always remains silent and yesterday when he heard the news, he shouted with excitement. All the others were also pretty excited. I just hope they behave well with her and if they don't, then they should be ready to face my wrath. I was even more surprised to see my father looking happy. That man didn't even smile when I was crowned and neither did when Divyank was born. Looks like my daughter has got even the oldest Agnihotri wrapped around her little pinky finger. I was busy in my thoughts and just then I heard the sound of breaks. I looked out to see that we had arrived at the palace. Just then, I felt Anika moving in my arms. I looked down to see that she was waking up. She opened her eyes and rubbed them softly. She looked disoriented and I couldn't help but coo at the adorable expression she had at that time. Well, now it was time for her to meet the family members. Let's see how it goes.

To be continued...

Guys my exams got over today, so I decided to give a surprise update to my readers. Form now on I would update here every Saturday and Tuesday. However, the updates would be more frequent on scrollstack, so if you want you can follow me there also.